Hot rodders needs a change - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders Site Suggestions and Help
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-18-2013, 06:35 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hot rodders needs a change

Mods & Members i do like all the info & help here but this is a Hot Rod site and i feel to many post are to fix or find info on new stuff. I think 1979 Q&A's should be the cut off point. What do you all think!! To many Q & A's about too much newer stuff is happen lately. Maybe a new tab or link for the new stuff would be best. My 2 cents!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 06:53 PM

Last photo:

I think the forum is just fine as is. If a post or a thread doesn't interest you, don't read it. It may be of interest to another member. Just my opinion.
Old 02-18-2013, 06:55 PM

Have you heard of the H.A.M.B.? Traditional hot rods...'64 and older. Give it a try, you might like it. Bill.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:17 PM

Last photo:

i am a member their also but 64 and down like you said! but the loss of a hit of a 2011 should not be a post on a Hot Rod site !They should have a place for even 1990 and up. New car help section.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:26 PM

Last photo:

FYI ,...... H.A.M.B is a very informative forum with GOBS of information but you go over there and say the wrong thing and they will HAND YOU YOUR ARSE!
Old 02-18-2013, 07:30 PM
Car? Truck? Who Cares

Last journal entry: First week of December
Last photo:

Not sure----but I think that post was in the "Lounge"

And that is where it should be.
Was not a tech question, but more of a personal opinion thing
NOT REALLY RELATED TO HOT RODS.----but still automotive based.

Also have a section here called "OFF TOPIC"---a sub forum of the "LOUNGE"

And sorry----If I have a question about my 98 K1500 or 05 Ranger----and someone here might be able to help me----they should be allowed to.

I'm am sure that many have benefited from the knowledge here about their
daily drivers, and I know some have been entertained by stories.

I have gotten assistance here on:
94 T-Bird
97 T-Bird
96 Windstar
05 Ranger
and I think even the Crown Vic.

My so called hot rods are done (well, one to go but that will take only a few months), and with an attitude that you seem to have about the site, would give me no reason whatsoever to come back and post.

I (and many others) will be glad to help on a new car if we have any knowledge about it----AND so many of the newer rods (30' 40s' 50s 60's 70's etc.) are getting engines and transmissions from donors that are only a couple of years old.

You think for even a minute that the first one of these things could be pulled off by someone with no knowledge of the newer cars???

As I recall, this is a family oriented site, and newer cars just fit into the family aspect of it.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Bryan59EC For This Useful Post:
Bad Rat (02-20-2013), dinger (02-22-2013), Valkyrie5.7 (02-18-2013)
Old 02-18-2013, 07:38 PM

Last photo:

not looking to get slamed here but new stuff should have a section for it's self. If i can help i will 40 years of service here.
Old 02-18-2013, 07:47 PM

Last photo:

When I need help on my newer cars I go to the forum for that vehicle and seem to have great luck finding answers because there's so much discussion on one brand and model of vehicle. Not sure how much info I could find on my Toyota Tundra on a hot rod site..... see my prior post in this thread.
Old 02-18-2013, 08:06 PM
Hotrodders.com moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: Yard Dog pic
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

We have had this discussion many times and agreed that we don't care about what kind of car someone has..The technical aspects of painting or rebuilding a trans or engine, Wiring suspension are all of interest regardles of the body style of the car. So we try and answer questions for any car related issue here. A number of guys are putting in late model efi engines and trans and some guys are installing A/C and power windows. Interior is another thing we do here and I suspect that a lot of our members may be members of other sites devoted to their favorite ride but come here to get good tech advice on particular issues. So be this works and lets not change..

Sam
Old 02-18-2013, 08:18 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:

I ignore them!!!! The same questions over and over and the same answers LOL a guy could just do a search and its already been answered on our site years ago! "My cigarette lighter won't get hot" LOL I only answer what I'm interested in, And if someone answered it already I'll bow out or back him up LOL! I hate it when a good answer is given & some idiot repeats it almost verbatim because he didn't bother to read the damn thread

The thing that really bothers me are the thread starters that drop out and don't come back!,tell you its fixed or not and you stay subscribed waiting forever till you finally drop your subscription

I like the site the way it is and ignore a lot!!!

Jester
Old 02-18-2013, 09:36 PM

Last photo:

This site really needs an age limit. Posting classified ads about a 1998 sportbike? or a 1995 nissan minitruck? really? that is totally not the scope for this forum. As much stuff as I'd like to contribute, I dont since Im rarely on this forum due to the off-topic nature that is just so commonplace here.
Its very frustrating since I've mentioned this before, but nothing seems to be being done about this...... so why bother mentioning it? seriously?
Of course, this too will fall by the wayside...... so its nothing more then a waste of time really.

There are PLENTY of forums that would cater to some of the questions on here, only on here, anything goes without a pinch of moderation.
Im sorry, but hot rods to me? are just that. Somehow the ECU of a '02 Civic doesn't fall into the that category. Yet, according to this forum? Everything is good and well.

Last edited by Graham M; 02-18-2013 at 09:57 PM.
Old 02-18-2013, 09:54 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

Age limit Im 66 LOL am I too old? or model year limit? You can hot rod a late model as well as an early model! Hell super stocks in the 60s were new cars!

Jester
Old 02-19-2013, 09:11 AM

Last photo:

I do not think we should let someone who has made 31 posts in a year and a half lay down rules for others on this forum.
Old 02-19-2013, 10:11 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last photo:

He's probably been following this site for years before joining and I think any one is entitled to an opinion!

I do think ages and location should be a mandatory to join! people will always lie but most would be honest! It would sure help in the way we answer threads I explain different to a 16 year old then a 40 year old, especially location! I see people on here reprimanded! on spelling and grammar and then find out its a guy from a country that doesn't know the English language and is using a web translator that isn't very good LOL Then if its a guy that grew up and went to school here we could really jump into his @#%&!!!!! LOL

killeratrod Is located in "0" and His age "0" :his Profile is "0" and he started this thread LOL

Jester
Old 02-19-2013, 05:50 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanielC View Post
I do not think we should let someone who has made 31 posts in a year and a half lay down rules for others on this forum.
A more clever thing to notice would be: Im not on this forum much due to the lack of rules....

I should make a post in the engine electrical section asking about home reno issues, since it seems like anything goes on here.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.