Hot Rodders Racers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-24-2004, 08:16 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hot Rodders Racers

Johnson Grass and all the other racing rodders, how is the season going? I like to follow racing and there just is not enough coverage out side the big time. I like the grass roots stuff better so why don't all you guys and gals that are out there every week or so take time to post your results, good bad or ugly? I know it keeps you busy, but share the results with us!!

Trees

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-24-2004, 10:09 AM

Last journal entry: Slow progress

Re: Hot Rodders Racers

Quote:
Originally posted by trees
Johnson Grass and all the other racing rodders, how is the season going? I like to follow racing and there just is not enough coverage out side the big time. I like the grass roots stuff better so why don't all you guys and gals that are out there every week or so take time to post your results, good bad or ugly? I know it keeps you busy, but share the results with us!!

Trees
Hey! This is the best suggestion I've seen on here! If it got popular enough maybe we could get a special section on Racing.

Especially if there are any Road Racers out there! (I mean the legal kind.)

Hows life treatin ya lately Trees?
Old 07-24-2004, 01:21 PM

Last photo:

Could not be any better, Roy. I sent a request to Jon to look into a new Racing forum. Maybe some good inputs to this thread will be favorable.

Trees
Old 07-24-2004, 02:45 PM
E.T. divided by $ spent= Speed

Last photo:

I don't evan watch the big stuff on TV.I can't associate with it.Wow two 100 million dollar dragster teams competeing woohoo.Pro stock???must be really pro cause that car had a v6 and FWD outta the factory.I don't evan enjoy it.
I like grass roots class raceing like stock/super stock and stuff.You never see them cars on TV cause they don't have enough bigtime sponsership.To me this is the only real form of drag racing.Racing against set rules.Prolly the only way to compete now,cause you ain't gonna set new speed records.Braket racing is just beat,evan though I do it,it sucks.
I don't know why all these old airfield don't allow street cars to run under and independant santioning bodies.Hell evan allow car clubs to run at/rent the strip for a night a week.This way they could run classes that the average Joe's has the money to be competitive in w/out haveing to spot some guy in a dodge neon 5 lights under bracket dial ins.Hell I live inback of the old Griffis airforce base and I've had the monte(when I still owned it)on the run way tuning it befor,perfect for that but no it just sits there.
Old 07-24-2004, 05:08 PM

Last photo:

I like to see the claimer rules for our heads up class used at more tracks. I like heads up racing, it's too bad that other places don't do this too. It's a bunch of work for the track but it brings fans in by the hundreds to our little hole in Eatonton, Ga so they're getting paid.

It's just more fun to see cars leave at the same time.

Stock bodies-'glass hoods allowed, production heads and blocks, no power adders, stock suspension, bolt on traction aids only, street tires only, no d.o.t. approved soft compound crap, e.f.i.'s ok as long as it's the original "style" manifold used.

Big blocks race big blocks, small blocks race small blocks.

A $2000sb $3000bb price for the longblock keeps the rich boys honest. A few have been bought by the track owner because it was too obvious that they were cheating. If you don't sell you don't race there, ever again. These rules make it fairly easy for average people with good building and driving skills to compete in a heads up format. It's just like every other heads up class. a few guys that usually win and a bunch that are closing the gap on them. You just have to do it with hard work and knowledge, not a checkbook.

Larry
Old 07-24-2004, 05:55 PM

Last photo:

Competition stretches the mind and a stretched mind expands. Most all the good things we have today in the automotive community has its roots in the hotrodding community and that goes alll the way back to almost the first automobile. That is why I like to rub elbows and pick the brains of those involved in the competition aspect of our hobby/sport. They are the pioneers of today and hope they will start feeding this thread that hopefully becomes a Forum. Maybe we could get enough interest to sponsor a Hotroddes.com car?!

Trees
Old 07-25-2004, 04:37 AM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:

I'm running 2nd in points right now in my class, but have had a rough start to the year, with two engines expiring, and one fairly large wreck. Only 60 points out of first though, and with our points system I can make that up easy in a afternoon, if the problems stop. We've won the races we fininsh, but reliability has plagued the car.

There are pics of my car in my album and I agree with a racing forum.

bonuts
Old 07-25-2004, 10:54 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

i'd love to go to the track and see someone with a HR.com sticker somewhere on their car. one of these days, i'm going to do that.

Jon, get me some stickers, i'd be happy to apply them to race cars at the local tracks.....

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.