Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hot Rodders Show in Beaverton Oregon
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2006, 05:10 AM
Sittin' on top of the world...

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hiya Bill - yeah, that was a neet car gig. No politics, just some real nice cars and good people. If you're wondering why I'm up so dang early, I had this really real, live in living color nightmare last night and woke up in a cold sweat. I had to go out and check the 53 to see if it was ok. It must have been the combination of those two beers, the jalapenios on that Subway sandwich and the family-size ice cream cone I ate that pushed me over the edge..
The 53 never smoked an ounce and never missed a lick all the way home. I think what happened was, we showed up so early last night, we stopped in at that crowded little sports bar up the street and had a few beers. I had to park kinda caddywompus on this little hill in the parking lot. I figure with my hi volume oil pump slingin' oil all over the place, maybe a little oil in my motor must have drained down where it wasn't supposed to be, but It's all good now.
Don - your little 53 sedan's really straight and looks perfect in those rally wheels. I know what you mean about 53 stockers not being very fun to drive but, once you get the stovebolt stuff out from under the hood and a new frontend under it, it'll drive and move as good as it looks.
Bob - I can't wait to see that little hotrod Monza ya'll are workin' on, do a 9 second pass with your wife behind the wheel.
Had a good one guys, thanks for the invite. Comin' from my side of town traffic's the only bummer with that one... It was a good test for the cooling system though. With the cam I've got, I give the 53 a B- in rush-hour traffic.

Later guys

Last edited by PrimeMover; 07-15-2006 at 05:21 AM.