Hot rodding Tribute Vid - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-23-2007, 11:33 AM
Automotive LTD Technition

Wiki Edits: 0

Hot rodding Tribute Vid

according to some of these import mags, and a few of the "hot rodding mags" Hot rodding is dead, but this film shows a different light, from the oval tracks of Middletown America, to the salt flats at Bonneville Hot rodding Lives' On

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WXU3N9wT3u0

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2007, 12:05 PM
AKA:"SLOWRIDE66"take it easy!

Last wiki edit: How to post pictures on a forum
Last journal entry: 85 Suburban
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 38

Well said

Hotrodding . . . .

If I have to Explain it to you ...

You just wouldn't understand

R

"Illegitimis non carborundum"
Don't let the bastards grind you down!

Crankshaft Coalition Master List of Hotrodding Forums
Old 07-23-2007, 12:16 PM

when i hit he spell check button is split it and thats right, git ir' done

Last edited by Jeeper426; 07-23-2007 at 07:59 PM.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:28 PM

Last journal entry: Another alternator bracket change
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Keller
Well said

Hotrodding . . . .

If I have to Explain it to you ...

You just wouldn't understand

R
Ya know, I think I watch that vid at least once a week and it still says it all. I don't agree with everything the narrator says, but the last few lines are what hits me. Unless you're in this little club, you never will get it. I think this is the greatest hobby there is. It's not for the people, who when their car or truck acts funny, the first thing they do is grab the yellow pages to find a mechanic. Yet, it's not exclusive. All you have to do to join is grab a wrench, roll yer sleeves up and crawl into it. It's not for those who are afraid to get dirty. It's about building and doing something with your own two hands.

Some people will never get it. They won't understand your excitement when you hear a good running motor. They will call you crazy for driving 300 miles because you HEARD there MIGHT be a part your looking for in some small town. They'll never understand why a person would sit in the sun all day and watch guys and women drive a car in either a circle or just a straight line. They will call you stupid for building something that may only get driven a few thousand miles a year. They'll wonder why you only have 5 pairs of jeans, but you have ten 1/2" crescent wrenches. You're the "car guy" who lives on the corner. They shake their head when you drive by and call the cops if you rev your motor too loud and too early in the day or late at night. But, they call on you when they can't get their SUV started because you're the "car guy". Sometimes they put the word "crazy" in front of your name when referring to you and your friends. They will never get it.

Hot Rodding isn't for everyone, but everyone is welcome. Hot Rodding is the thumbs up you give to yourself when that engine finally turns over. Hot Rodding is figuring out why that carb wouldn't work and then making it work. Hot Rodding is taking something and making it faster than the guy with the degree said it could be. It's hearing an engine run and knowing what it's telling you. It's the smile you get when someone asks you who Wally Parks is.

Hot Rodding is tradition. It's America personified in steel. It evolves and changes like a little kid. It grows old, but it doesn't grow up. It's the coolest thing in the world and it sure as hell ain't dead.
Old 07-23-2007, 08:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tfeverfred
Ya know, I think I watch that vid at least once a week and it still says it all. I don't agree with everything the narrator says, but the last few lines are what hits me. Unless you're in this little club, you never will get it. I think this is the greatest hobby there is. It's not for the people, who when their car or truck acts funny, the first thing they do is grab the yellow pages to find a mechanic. Yet, it's not exclusive. All you have to do to join is grab a wrench, roll yer sleeves up and crawl into it. It's not for those who are afraid to get dirty. It's about building and doing something with your own two hands.

Some people will never get it. They won't understand your excitement when you hear a good running motor. They will call you crazy for driving 300 miles because you HEARD there MIGHT be a part your looking for in some small town. They'll never understand why a person would sit in the sun all day and watch guys and women drive a car in either a circle or just a straight line. They will call you stupid for building something that may only get driven a few thousand miles a year. They'll wonder why you only have 5 pairs of jeans, but you have ten 1/2" crescent wrenches. You're the "car guy" who lives on the corner. They shake their head when you drive by and call the cops if you rev your motor too loud and too early in the day or late at night. But, they call on you when they can't get their SUV started because you're the "car guy". Sometimes they put the word "crazy" in front of your name when referring to you and your friends. They will never get it.

Hot Rodding isn't for everyone, but everyone is welcome. Hot Rodding is the thumbs up you give to yourself when that engine finally turns over. Hot Rodding is figuring out why that carb wouldn't work and then making it work. Hot Rodding is taking something and making it faster than the guy with the degree said it could be. It's hearing an engine run and knowing what it's telling you. It's the smile you get when someone asks you who Wally Parks is.

Hot Rodding is tradition. It's America personified in steel. It evolves and changes like a little kid. It grows old, but it doesn't grow up. It's the coolest thing in the world and it sure as hell ain't dead.
AMEN TO THAT Brother!
Old 07-23-2007, 09:40 PM
Registered Cruiser

Last photo:

It's hearing an engine run and knowing what it's telling you. "Quote"

Freddie you nailed it!!!!!!!!!! This was the inspiration for me to be a mechanic.

I may have said this in another thread but I will repeat it. Back in high school when me and my buddy were rebuilding a tired 283, we had it all together and it wouldn't start. We called over our shop teacher "Mr. Barrett". He said "turn it over. Stop". He grabbed the distributor, advanced it a hair, said turn it over again, and it fired like it just came off the GM line. I worshiped that guy after that and all the teachers who would come after.

I know what you mean, some people will never get it but who really cares. I'll be twistin wrenches on old cars till I can't do it anymore. They'll find me under the car, expired, Beach Boys playin on the radio and 2 or 3 projects still waiting to happen. Oh well, hopefully the kids will pick up where I left off......... JD
Old 07-23-2007, 10:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by speedydude
It's hearing an engine run and knowing what it's telling you. "Quote"

Freddie you nailed it!!!!!!!!!! This was the inspiration for me to be a mechanic.

I may have said this in another thread but I will repeat it. Back in high school when me and my buddy were rebuilding a tired 283, we had it all together and it wouldn't start. We called over our shop teacher "Mr. Barrett". He said "turn it over. Stop". He grabbed the distributor, advanced it a hair, said turn it over again, and it fired like it just came off the GM line. I worshiped that guy after that and all the teachers who would come after.

I know what you mean, some people will never get it but who really cares. I'll be twistin wrenches on old cars till I can't do it anymore. They'll find me under the car, expired, Beach Boys playin on the radio and 2 or 3 projects still waiting to happen. Oh well, hopefully the kids will pick up where I left off......... JD
amen to that as well i still listen to the old beach boys when i'm drivein' or workin' on the truck, or the 4x4 theres no school like the old-school

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.