Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Hot wire and fuse on aux. fan switch
View Single Post
Old 06-18-2006, 09:27 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I was not correct on the fuse set up. There is a fuse on the battery side of the switch which is 25 amp. I also then found a 25 amp fuse on the output side of the switch, and it is this fuse and the switch that heats up. I assume because it is on the output side. I checked the ground and found it grounded to chasis through the radiator frame (also not good?).

Doc, thanks for the prompt reply, and I will do just as you suggest. Please explain:
"Coil power to switch now."
"Coil ground to a good bonded hard ground"
Are you referring to the Relay Coil?

Also, I am not sure of the gauge of the original fan wires, but they don't look like 10 gauge. Will a soldered splice with 10 gauge as close as possible to the fan be OK? (I can't get to the fan itself, as it is in never, never land in front of the radiator and behind the grill).

And also, the battery ground cable is bolted to the block, would that place fit your description of a 'bonded' hard ground?

Lastly, will I still be able to power the relay with direct twelve volts (always on) so I can use the fan to cool down after engine is shut down. Don't want to use a thermostat.

Your answer will as always be appreciated, and I will be able to get busy with the above answers, (sorry for so many questions).
rap

Last edited by rapsag; 06-18-2006 at 09:41 AM.