Hotrod Power Steering info required - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-14-2009, 04:30 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hotrod Power Steering info required

Hi I have recently finished building 1937 Ford Slantback Tudor Rod.The car was bought in Utah as a basket case and Shipped 12000 miles back to New Zealand. to be completely rebuilt. The rod has so far Collected 3 National Titles and Has been one of the Top 10 Hotrods at each event.As soon as I can find out how to post Pics I will do so. The Rod is at present using a Vega Manual Steering Box On a strenghened stock frame , with a Magnum dropped I beam on transferse spring setup.I now want to convert it to a Power Steering Box, can anyone sugest to what I can use.Thanks Ken. i HAVE NOW POSTED PICS OF MY CAR

Advertisement

Last edited by brownie nz; 03-17-2009 at 10:00 PM.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-14-2009, 05:30 PM

Last photo:

I have seen a lot of people use the 85 Toyota 4X4 steering box. It has two hydraulic lines going to the box. It's an easy setup. One line goes to, most people use the GM Power steering from a late model car, and the other line is the return line to the box. That's it. You may have to do some fabrication with the linkage, pitman arm, draglink etc. But it would be an easy way to set up power steering. Here is an article on boxes that may help as well.

http://www.rodandcustommagazine.com/...ons/index.html

Last edited by kleen56; 03-14-2009 at 05:38 PM.
Old 03-14-2009, 07:54 PM

Last photo:

Power steering

Thanks Kleen 56, I guess the most difficult thing for me, is that my 37 is left hand drive as it should be but the country I live in unfortuneatley is all Righthand Drive, so getting anything here is impossible. I could try the US Hotrod suppliers for a power steering Box but they arnt cheap, trying to get a wrecking yard in the US to send me the correct unit might not be a good idea
Old 03-14-2009, 07:57 PM

Last journal entry: 351W rebuild
Last photo:

Hi,
How many times did you ask this question? I gave you an answer in your other post, did you read it?
Rich
Old 03-14-2009, 08:02 PM

Last photo:

Power Steering

Sorry Richard I am quite new to this Forum, and am still working my way thru it. I will have a look at your suggestion Thanks Ken

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.