Hotrodders Art Contest "1957 Corvettes" Anything Goes March Edition - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-28-2011, 07:33 AM
St Louis Blues fan....

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Excellent image....!!!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-03-2011, 07:15 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

I had a couple PM's about the contest and would like to explain if I may. Two entries does not a contest make, it would be more of a shootout in this case, both artists had equally great images and should be a draw.

I don't quite understand where our members "me included" went that were having fun, learning and so on but as each month came, less were voting and involved again "me included".

I've been struggling to see if this would gain some more presance in this forum, alot of people enjoyed it and still do. If anyone could point me in the right direction to keep this going like we had before please let me know since I'm about ready to succumb to the lack of interest. All of the artists that kept up deserve the utmost recognition as true believers in this fun artistic contest.

Please motivate and celebrate your artistic talents so we can still see this contest two years from now.

Both Artist's have won this contest by default draw and can choose the subject between themselves for this month which I have already shortened by posting late and I apologize but it was almost agony for me to commit to posting these thoughts since I've enjoyed it so much for so long.

Sincerely Mark
Old 04-03-2011, 09:54 PM

Last photo:

If I may make a suggestion, If innterest is down for whatever reason and the winners from this month see fit, a broadened subject matter ( could be entirely open or any one model in it's entire run) could be part of the answer. As well as a two month deadline-If only for the time being.

I am sorry I have missed out for a while now.
Old 04-04-2011, 07:40 AM

Last photo:

You're right, Mark. The participation in the art contests seem to to be dwindling away. Although I couldn't enter any work this last contest because of a hand injury, I've always enjoyed being part of the monthly offerings previously, and seeing some of the stunning artwork that was presented. I don't know what would be the answer to generate more interest and attract additional participants as well as viewers, but maybe we can all put our heads together and come up with some suggestions. You've done a great job, Mark, keeping this contest going, and I'd hate to see it end now.
Old 04-04-2011, 09:53 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

I'm not sure why interest starts to wane ....but I have noticed it in almost every forum that I have participated in. In the Topaz forum I use to get 30 responses on a posted image and now I get maybe 5 or 6. I guess people are interested for a while and then move on to other things. But, I would hope new blood would arrive and continue to add to the membership and the contest.

The only forum that I see that gets continued success is the HAMB Friday art show. I know there are a couple of guys here that also participate there. I like this forum much more than the HAMB and like Bill, I would hate to see this monthly contest end. Given how many few the threads here, it's hard to understand why there are so few joining the contest or even voting on it.

Maybe it just needs a stronger commitment from everyone to participate ...we all have other things going on in our lives, but surely we can all find a few hours to pout something together each month to assure that this forum stays alive.

Bob
Old 04-04-2011, 01:14 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Yes, I agree I truly don't want to see it end but this is how forums work, I administrated one of the largest in the country for drag racing for nearly 8 years and saw the trends now pulling away to places like facebook and twitter, I still don't get their purpose other than to open your life in odd ways to people, lol. I even invited many artist friends into this on there and hell, all you need to do is sign up, not a big deal, it's an e mail address is all. Money, gift cards, none of it worked. I have to admit, I feel the artists have done a great job and couldn't have done better at participated.

So guys, it's up to you to choose a subject for the month and we'll begin.
Old 04-04-2011, 01:40 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

I don't think this contest should end. To me, it's a big part of the Art Community on hotrodders. I haven't put a pencil to paper in a long time, but I pledge to do work on the next subject in hopes that it'll kickstart this thing back up. Let's see what we can get going!
Old 04-04-2011, 02:02 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

I'm trying to think of past contests that were popular and had a lot of participants. Besides the holiday contests I seem to remember that Rat Rods or Rust Is A Must was pretty popular. What do you think Neal? Perhaps only trucks this time or .....completely open. Or, perhaps something you have never seen here before ....anything is fine with me. Let me know your thoughts.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:11 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Rusty truck, that's a new one I think Bob and would be cool IMO. Rust Bucket Trucks. Rat Rod Trucks

This as a title alone will give strong weight to it being found on the net with Jons awesome SEO on this board.
Old 04-04-2011, 02:13 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Hopefully, we'll hear from Neal .......
Old 04-05-2011, 12:51 PM
St Louis Blues fan....

Last photo:

I had all intentions of entering but just got side tracked with other things... I also had to re-install the operating systems and apps on all four of my computers at home (2 Windows 7 and 2 Linux)....

I tend to re-install everything once an year and time was up....

Cheers

Ken
Old 04-05-2011, 11:31 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

All kinds of things happen guys, personal, compter related and so on or just plain busy. I hope tht this will keep going and we can all enjoy it again like we have. Maybe if it wasn't a contest ?
Old 04-06-2011, 03:56 AM
St Louis Blues fan....

Last photo:

Certainly not the topic. I have a 1960 C1 Corvette in my garage which I've owned since 1983 and just itching to start up once the spring weather arrives...
Old 04-07-2011, 09:33 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Well, the first week of April is almost gone ...... Mark, I think we need to make a decision on this and start this months contest. I was hoping to hear from Neal, but since we haven't, how about Rust Trucks ..any year, any model.

If you're OK with that, perhaps you can get it up and running ......

Bob
Old 04-08-2011, 04:54 PM

Last photo:

I'm assuming that the rat rod/rusty trucks is a go, so I'm going to start on something.

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.