Hotrodders Art Contest "1957 Corvettes" Anything Goes March Edition - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-08-2011, 05:00 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I'm assuming the same thing .....so I have also started on one.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-09-2011, 09:02 AM

Last photo:

You know, Bob, I think Mark is just getting tired of busting his hump putting together a really well organized art contest month after month, and not getting the support that he rightfully deserves. I don't envy him because he's tried just about everything, and nothing seems to spark enough interest to justify all the hard work he's put into this thing. To me it's a shame, but I love to make art, and will set aside a little chunk of time to do so, and this contest seemed to spur me on to do just that. I may be selfish thinking that more people should do the same, but I guess I have to remember that not everyone has as much interest as myself. If Mark decides to let this go, I fully understand his decision.
Old 04-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

I agree with you Bill ......... I have often ask why there are so many people looking at the threads but never joining in the contest or even voting on it. I know from experience in other forums that after a while, people just move on to other things.

Mark has done such a great job here it would really be a shame to see him leave it. But, as you said, I would also understand.

There are so many guys who weekly add art to the HAMB site that I can't understand why they won't do it here.

At this point I don't know if I should work on a new image for April or not ......maybe if Mark sees this he can let us know what he wants to do.
Old 04-09-2011, 05:45 PM
No substitute for cubic inches

Last photo:

I haven't deserted you guys really..........I've been on the road so much things come and go by the time I get in. I still enjoy looking at the work when I get the chance sit down here for a few minutes.

Tony
Old 04-10-2011, 03:44 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Oh guys, I'mnot deserting or even considering leaving this art contest. I know I've tried a bunch of things but that won't stop us from having fun with it. Last month was kind of a crusher for me a bit, I even let myself down, so many idea's but a puking computer, I have finally opened the box of the new one so it has begun. Everything waas just taking too much time on this one.

I have been on forums for years, I know the trends and the way people flip flop away and back. This is for fun, we all enjoy it, if people don't want to vote or apply themselves who have been here or haven't it's always up to them. I personally don't take offense at all, we are having fun, end of story, learning, sharing and geting better at what we all seem to like to do, I've learned a ton from you guys and will continue.

I have made a severe mistake in not just opening the contest as we have before after the winners both Neal and Bob tied. This should be done real fast since we are already in this month deep. Let's just keep on playing and enjoy, little or no company, it's just good clean fun for us all. I'm not going anywhere, never been a quitter, solutions work better
Old 04-10-2011, 04:29 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Since there is a late start, the contest will be from April to May, so take your time and get out and draw or create !! April-May Hotrodders Art Contest Begins Rat Rod / Rust Bucket Trucks
Old 04-10-2011, 06:20 AM

Last photo:

Thanks, Mark. Your hard work and devotion is greatly appreciated!!
Old 04-10-2011, 09:03 AM
Artist

Last photo:

Art Contest

Since I am new to this site, I wanted to submit a drawing to the contest and e-mailed some of you guys as to the process but never got a reply. I will do my part in what is required to assist Mark. Just let me know what I need to do.
Old 04-10-2011, 09:52 AM

Last photo:

I thought that I had sent you a PM about the contest's workings. If I didn't, I apologize. Just follow Mark's link to this month's contest, and post your work's JPG attachments, and Mark will take it from there. Welcome to the site, and glad that your joining the contest!
Old 04-10-2011, 10:17 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Hey Artist, look at the forum thread for April and May, it's a combined month since we were late, gives everyone a bit more time to do something cool. Feel free to join in, any art form is welcome.
Old 04-11-2011, 01:00 PM
St Louis Blues fan....

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette
I'm not sure why interest starts to wane ....but I have noticed it in almost every forum that I have participated in. In the Topaz forum I use to get 30 responses on a posted image and now I get maybe 5 or 6. I guess people are interested for a while and then move on to other things. But, I would hope new blood would arrive and continue to add to the membership and the contest.

The only forum that I see that gets continued success is the HAMB Friday art show. I know there are a couple of guys here that also participate there. I like this forum much more than the HAMB and like Bill, I would hate to see this monthly contest end. Given how many few the threads here, it's hard to understand why there are so few joining the contest or even voting on it.

Maybe it just needs a stronger commitment from everyone to participate ...we all have other things going on in our lives, but surely we can all find a few hours to pout something together each month to assure that this forum stays alive.

Bob
Thanks for the info about HAMB... I checked out their forum and it appears that each week there is a free-for-all art thread with no defined theme... Is that correct?
Old 04-11-2011, 01:13 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Ken,

Yes, every Friday they have an art show pretty much open to whatever you want to post. It's only up until Saturday, so if you want to post, be sure to do it in a timely manner.
Old 04-11-2011, 03:32 PM
St Louis Blues fan....

Last photo:

I like the idea of it being a free for all...

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.