Hot Rod Forum banner

Hotrodders.com February Art Contest "Ford Trucks, Anything Goes 1940 to Present"

8K views 42 replies 11 participants last post by  Only Racing 
#1 ·
Hotrodders.com February Art Contest "Ford Trucks, Anything Goes 1940 to Present"

After a successful first contest of 2010 with the new logo by "rat rod studios" and a single choice for the "Chevy Shoebox Nova's" as the subject. I was lucky enough to be the recipient of the winner's choice. Seems Ford Trucks have been in the news as of late and even one of the consistent inclusive artists even goes by the name "FortyPickup".

As an honorable gesture I'd like to announce the subject matter of Ford Trucks, "1940 to Present, Anything Goes"

This should allow a large use of themes, styles, general abilities such as drawing, sketching, even scale modeling to be included, don't fear that this is a contest, it's a friendly one and the only thing at stake is simply "Fun!!"

So lets see your version of a 1940 to present classic, gasser, drag race truck, rat rod, lowrider, 4X4 or toon; not limited to just these.

There are many high res images from which to start on the internet or from photographers for use and many graphics that can be downloaded for use by the creative commons license for things such as line art and so on.

Contest starts of February 1st ending on the 23rd midnight or around there since it's a short month allowing for 5 days of voting whereas the polls for the votes will close automatically.

Have fun and start getting the lead to the paper!!

Below are some artistic inspirations both new and old for reference.

Attachments

See less See more
#11 · (Edited)
Heres some pis of some of my trucks. Just little inspiration for you. :D

94 Ranger/79 F150 4X4/06 F150 4X4/93 Lightning.and 1966 f-100 this one is not mine i couldn't find a good pic but mine looked just like this one.
Cole

Attachments

#15 ·
fortypickup said:
Brickyard...nice painting Man!

Heres mine...I'm not happy with it yet, but its getting close!

This is originally what I had in mind for my 40 pickup build...then I got my sanity back! :D

Neal
Neal, that is SCHWEEEEET !!, Man, who needs sanity !! Love the rake and angle of the aspect. Nothing spells bad ike Black too. Nice work on the front rims also.

#26 ·
Wow, you guys picked all the good years or seems the most popular ones, I have to go back to the drawing board, lol.

Very nice all of you, looks like is playin the babe card to go with the trucks, nice move, IMO, lol, they never hurt, that's for sure.

Yo Neal, The truck really isn't that far off the rendering, very good likeness, add the enderle and it's all there. Welcome back IROC100

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.