Hotrodders.com March Art Contest, 31 - 32 Model A Fords "Finished Street Rods" - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-17-2010, 08:05 AM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Racing
That's some really good stuff again !!, Nice blend of cars and girls.
I completely agree. You do a great job clipping your stuff out.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2010, 08:07 AM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

Since we are doing Model A's, I figured I'd draw a toon of the car that started my obsession with the A's

Old 03-17-2010, 09:47 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodler
I completely agree. You do a great job clipping your stuff out.

Thank you Doodler ......and really nice work from you..
Old 03-17-2010, 12:49 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doodler
Since we are doing Model A's, I figured I'd draw a toon of the car that started my obsession with the A's
Well that didn't take long to get the most popular rod in history "Tooned Up", Way to go Doodler, it's perfect from background to the choppy black outline, new from what I've seen and interesting using hard cuts around soft lines, an interesting combination.

IMO, there was no netter duece ever, I remember sneaking into our theater 15 times to see it when it came out. the coolest parts were when he left the clutch out after getting stopped by the cops and it lurching, very cool and them driving out to paradise road with "green onions" playing in the background. Lucas was a genious.
Old 03-18-2010, 12:40 AM

Last photo:

Damn! Very nice Doodler! I like the angry little headlights!
Old 03-18-2010, 07:02 AM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

Thanks everybody!

haha, Joel, not too many people notice little details like that.
Old 03-20-2010, 06:48 PM
Wolf in Hot Rodders upholstery

Last journal entry: Tail light issues
Last photo:

Kool stuff Doodler!
Old 03-21-2010, 05:37 AM
Running on empty

Last journal entry: More pics
Last photo:

Not up to par with you guys and your computers,you guys are great, but heres one that I did awhile ago for one of the members here. hope ya like.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kartoon 2.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	32.4 KB
ID:	44675  
Old 03-21-2010, 10:45 AM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IROC100
Not up to par with you guys and your computers,you guys are great, but heres one that I did awhile ago for one of the members here. hope ya like.
Very cool work ........good luck in the contest. I hope we see more entries.

Bob
Old 03-21-2010, 12:06 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Iroc, I don't care what you think is good or bad, I think you have tried and are having fun, whether it's drawn on a napkin or done on a Mac Pro, It's artwork and a fine job at real drawing with your medium. Be proud of what you do, I sure am of what all of you do each month and have learned alot from all of you with each contest or post in here. A non flaming contest of good ole artists doing what they like. Keep playing for sure and be respectful of yourself and the talent you have.

I for one can say that I enjoy all the members artwork !!
Old 03-22-2010, 07:57 AM
3Deuce Speedshop

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Only Racing
Iroc, I don't care what you think is good or bad, I think you have tried and are having fun, whether it's drawn on a napkin or done on a Mac Pro, It's artwork and a fine job at real drawing with your medium. Be proud of what you do, I sure am of what all of you do each month and have learned alot from all of you with each contest or post in here. A non flaming contest of good ole artists doing what they like. Keep playing for sure and be respectful of yourself and the talent you have.

I for one can say that I enjoy all the members artwork !!
I couldn't have said it better myself.
Old 03-22-2010, 08:42 AM
Running on empty

Last photo:

Gee guys, don't take me wrong, I'm not complaining about anything. I just wish I could do what you guys are doing with a computer. I now that there are different types of work, I mess around with oils, acrylics, clay or what ever I can get my hands on to be creative. I love what 57, does, I really like that gas station from last month and Doodler, you've got a neat style the way you do our tunes and Only Racing , your work is great, the Nova you done awhile back blew me away and what you do with this contest is great. Everyones style is different and unique, that why I keep checking in. Again, don't take what I had the wrong way, I just wish more people would enter the contest, I know there's more talent out there. Oh yea thanks for the comments on my work. OR, thanks for the comparison to Dave Deal, I grew up with with him and Dave Bell so they were my inspirations. later, Phil
Old 03-22-2010, 08:57 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Gee guys, don't take me wrong, I'm not complaining about anything. I just wish I could do what you guys are doing with a computer. I now that there are different types of work, I mess around with oils, acrylics, clay or what ever I can get my hands on to be creative. I love what 57, does, I really like that gas station from last month and Doodler, you've got a neat style the way you do our tunes and Only Racing , your work is great, the Nova you done awhile back blew me away and what you do with this contest is great. Everyones style is different and unique, that why I keep checking in. Again, don't take what I had the wrong way, I just wish more people would enter the contest, I know there's more talent out there. Oh yea thanks for the comments on my work. OR, thanks for the comparison to Dave Deal, I grew up with with him and Dave Bell so they were my inspirations. later, Phil
Maybe my wording wasn't right Iroc, I was definatley praising you, ever since I lost the use of my hand dexterity I miss being able to draw my stuff real fast, now it seems that amouse llows me more control but man I'd sure like to take out a pad and inks and plain draw, I admire all of you and you different styles, please take my above comment as a gesture of your fine artwork in praise.
Sincerely Mark
Old 03-22-2010, 09:19 AM
Running on empty

Last photo:

My only question is how do guys do what you do? Do you start with a photo or line art and go from there or is some it done from scratch, either way, it takes talent and vision to do the quality of work that is displayed here.
Phil
Old 03-22-2010, 09:37 AM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Me personally, I begin with a photo and from there, it's a bunch of different ways to do it depending on the contest, the photo toons were a kinda plaything since I'm a photographer I have access to my large format pictures, the bigger they are the better. I moved on to drawing out the car and simply painting it, all the stuff I use is basic photoshop tools that are in any of the programs. I mainly had to learn layers and that was it, once you learn layers, you're good to go, knowing when to flatten them or when to merge them. All the neat photoshop stuff like brushes and gradients are readliy available anywhere on the net for free I may add. I've taught guys within an hour to create something cool and give them a head start.

The more advanced guys know the pen tool, which I just can't seem to get right, i have two versions of photoshop on my comp and both pen tools work different.

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.