Hotrodders.com October "Halloween Anything Goes Art Contest" Voting Starts Now - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hot Rod Art
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

View Poll Results: Hotrodders.com October "Halloween Anything Goes Art Contest" Voting Starts Now
1 ) brickyardboy 3 20.00%
2 ) fortypickup 2 13.33%
3 ) Fast 4 Door 0 0%
4 ) KENMO 0 0%
5 ) 57Corvette 10 66.67%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-26-2010, 11:21 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Hotrodders.com October "Halloween Anything Goes Art Contest" Voting Starts Now

Hotrodders.com October "Halloween Anything Goes Art Contest" Voting Starts Now
Last year we had some great artwork and this year is no different, The art contest voting falls on the Halloween weekend and also on a sad not as member 57Corvette "Bob" mother passed this month yet he still managed to submit something for us all n this time of pain and sorrow, this month's contest is dedicated to his mother's passing in is time of pain.

Due largely to the fact that these artist's love the darker elements of this month they have given you some awesome artwork to enjoy and make you want to get out the popcorn, turn on a scary Halloween movie while handing out the candy.

Voting begins now and ends 5 days later as the polls close automatically. Pease vote freely and enjoy, art is in the eye of the beholder of course. Winner will receive a $25 gift card via me for their efforts.

Also note that some artists provided larger images as the ones seen have been optimized for quick loading, links below for larger images show more detail.

Happy voting guys, the artists work appears by post date submission.

1 ) brickyardboy
Streetbeasts lawsuit donor

Nothing tops hand drawn artwork these days when computer generated images take precedence in art now in mainly digital form it's great to see someone lay pencil or other hand media to the tablet, Brickyard is one of the few that uses this method ands has honed his skills well over three past year, his aberrations of Halloween demons and "sic" images are fun yet a bit scary. Brickyardboy has include three images as seen below.

No Clowning Around

Ghostly Matters

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ese1-large.jpg

Halloweenie

2 ) fortypickup
Wolf in Hot Rodders upholstery

Member fortypickup decided to take the headless biker route, this is one freaky illustration. Deep rich Halloween colors, the menacing cycle and rider with the head of a pumpkin is something out of a Frazzetta image in the year 2010 if he was still illustrating, a fine example of color, illustrative skills and the theme set for this contest. Clean and precise.

Headless Rider

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...ider-large.jpg

3 ) Fast 4 Door
Show me the money !

This contest wouldn't be the same if those that had these artistic skills couldn't make the contest, after finding a way to get his media online he gives us this cool stuff to enjoy, a colored pencil, crayon artwork of his own style in two versions, both creative and artistic, member fast4door accomplished his contribution well, all should enjoy work like this.

Boot Hill Hearse

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...arse-large.jpg

Phantasm Rat Fink

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...arse-large.jpg

4 ) KENMO

Kenmo brings you a totally new style using media on the computer that he alone has mastered well, not the normal Photoshop but various programs that provide a much different feel than those extremely expensive programs, he has mentioned before the digital elements and is always willing to tell his way of creating art with them, this ghastly ride is one image that we should all enjoy this voting session.

Hearse With A Curse

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...urse-large.jpg

5 ) 57Corvette
Rat Rod Studios

Bob, 57Corvette seems to have an admiration for "Elvira" as we have seen in his past works especially at Halloween. His standout creations again have a glaring sheen to them as if it was photographed and matched in color and clarity; sharp details that enhance all of his work are part of his repertoire. 57Corvette has included three images.

Death In The City

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...city-large.jpg

Great Pumpkins

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...kins-large.jpg

Backwoods Reaper

http://i244.photobucket.com/albums/g...aper-large.jpg

Now please vote and enjoy !!

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-28-2010, 08:29 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Mark, I'm just now getting back to my life and saw your dedication to my mom ....very classy and very much appreciated. Thank you ......

Good luck to everyone this month, some really great artwork by all.

Bob
Old 10-28-2010, 08:50 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Great job guy's !!!!
Old 10-29-2010, 03:53 PM
Evil Wicked Mean And Nasty

Last wiki edit: Pilot bearing and bushings
Last journal entry: roof repair
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 37

Great work again guy's.

Cole
Old 10-30-2010, 08:32 PM
No substitute for cubic inches

Last photo:

Awesome stuff!!! Have looked at these several times since yesterday and all i can say is I want to vote for them all...................

Tony
Old 10-30-2010, 08:39 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

A lot of early voting on these guys, very well done artwork, the Halloween deal is always a great idea. And Bob, it was all I could do for you in ny respect, we all appreciate you and your work, your mom brought up a very good person as we see each month.
Old 10-31-2010, 11:51 PM

Last photo:

way to go! that stuff rocked!..jalopy
Old 11-02-2010, 12:10 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Congratulations "Bob" on your win in this months contest. As it stands now you have the choice of choosing this months subject matter again. Post i up and I'll install a new post with your choice. Nice solid win, I think the Graveyard one did it for you, pretty sic' stuff !!
Old 11-02-2010, 12:26 PM
St Louis Blues fan....

Last photo:

Congrats Bob...well deserved.... I hope & pray everything is going well with your family....
Old 11-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Mark, Ken, thank you guys, much appreciated....... I ran into a couple of guys who have bucket t's and I was really impressed with them. So how about any year T-Bucket in any style you like. Make it cool, sexy or perhaps something for the holidays.

I have a malware problem on my art computer and it crashed the operating system. I just brought it in for repairs and I hope he can save all my files and app's. Should have it back in time to do one or two images for this month.

Congrats to all the entries for October ....some real great work last month by all the guys.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:08 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Bob, T Buckets it is, sexy, cool, anything goes !! and will be up soon !

Hope your comp mess gets straightened out, I just ordered my new comp, a Falcon Northwest again their website is awesome too BTW. Much overkill on my part but well within my budget. I think my workflow should be enhanced by 300% easily with speed alone.

I had a real hard time trying to decide untill I had to crop 2,200 photos in 300DPI, photoshop's tounge was hangin out. The builders at Falcon asured me it would be no problem now in any programs.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:20 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

Always nice to get a new computer ......mine is only one year old and works well (if you keep the malware out) Now that you have a faster computer, I will expect you to have an entry this month....
Old 11-02-2010, 07:25 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 57Corvette
Always nice to get a new computer ......mine is only one year old and works well (if you keep the malware out) Now that you have a faster computer, I will expect you to have an entry this month....
Yes, I expect to have one too, once it's set up should be cake this time. On a sidenote I use Malwarebytes anti malware for getting rid of suff, very easy yo use, just install and update and it's free Bob, I'm not sure if you are using Mac or PC but Mac's rarely ever get malware.

I was creamed this month with updates and shooting plus some flyers and a billboard. My one race review was over 15,000 words in less than a week not including the photos, lol.
Old 11-02-2010, 07:30 PM
On The Ragged Edge

Last photo:

The new contest is up, please see the new thread here :

Hotrodders.com November Art Contest featuring "T Bucket's, Anything Goes"
Old 11-02-2010, 07:31 PM
Rat Rod Studios

Last photo:

I have a PC and using AVG and SpyBot. It caught that there was malware but I wasn't able to get my antivirus software to run. I called Microsoft and he couldn't get the operating system back up. It might just be the guy I was taling with as I have had worse problems and Microsoft was able to solve them.

I'll take a look at your software ......can't have too many of them now a days. looking forward to you getting back to posting your artwork ....I know you've been very busy so I hope you get a break this month.

Recent Hot Rod Art posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.