Hotrodders: Some assistance for a sick friend and gearhead... - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-10-2013, 05:18 PM
Slow but willing learner

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,422 Times in 1,143 Posts
Sorry to near this but thankful,for his,salvation and testimony. I hope it brings his family some peace.

John

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
The Following User Says Thank You to John long For This Useful Post:
lt1silverhawk (06-18-2013)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-18-2013, 05:47 AM
one full turn after it squeeks

Last photo:

Hey Mo, couldn't help but remember your dear departed brother, Sean, when I saw this. I'm wondering if he would have thought it was cool or not?

I pray you're finding some peace after the loss.
Em
The Following User Says Thank You to wretched ratchet For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2013, 07:28 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Sorry for your loss,,, May God give you peace and the family also.... I just spent a few days with a friend that gave cancer a good fight for About four years..

And now was sent home to go in peace,, So I know how you feel brother.. Keep your head up high, That is what Sean would want...Thanks for being there for him..
The Following User Says Thank You to NEW INTERIORS For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2013, 09:58 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,219 Times in 1,075 Posts
I don't know how I missed this thread, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. If he made people feel the way he made you feel, he was an angel on earth and we are better for his short time here. Prayers are coming for Sean as well as family and friends.

Brian
The Following User Says Thank You to MARTINSR For This Useful Post:
Old 06-18-2013, 10:58 AM
"But how do it know?"

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 132

Hi All,

Thank you for the continued prayers and words of comfort. The really do mean a lot, I cannot stress that enough.

The family had the services for Sean this past Friday evening. So many people showed up, including his former workers, some still in their uniform. People had to stand and nobody wanted to miss the chance to say good bye.

I made a video of Sean with all of his pictures and a couple of videos for the services. I'm hoping to put it on Youtube and will share it here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
sorry, that's to young
Hey gearheadslife,

Agreed. But that's the fact of life: we just never know when we are gonna go.

Sean didn't know he was dying until three weeks prior to his passing. It was like a punch in the gut, his mom said. The hospital made quite a few screwy decisions, the worst of which was assuming Sean knew he was dying. During a discussion with a doctor, it was Sean who asked "wait, are you saying I am dying?" The doctor left and made his mom tell him he was dying. It was bad enough that she didn't know it either...

But he immediately made the decision to come home, since the hospital had given up on him. They gave him a week. With his fighting spirit and all the love and support, he almost made it to three.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
So sorry for your loss, Mo, and my condolences to the Family.
Hard to watch or even understand someone that young cashing it in when they had so much to do and to live for and then in a blink of an eye they are gone forever. He was blessed to have you for a friend, my friend.

Em
Quote:
Originally Posted by wretched ratchet View Post
Hey Mo, couldn't help but remember your dear departed brother, Sean, when I saw this. I'm wondering if he would have thought it was cool or not?

I pray you're finding some peace after the loss.
Em
Hey Em,

Thank you so much for the words of comfort.

It really was hard to watch someone that young pass on. But he put on a brave, care-free face, which inspired the rest of us to do the same. My biggest challenge with him was watching him go through his ordeal and face his pain. My grandfather, my true best friend, passed away a year ago and he faced his pain the same way. So it was like watching Grandpa passing away all over again.

But I think its harder to watch the parent deal with the agony of this loss. I don't think I've seen anything more heart-wrenching than watching a parent bury a child. There aren't many tests in life that can shake someone to the core like that and test one's faith like that.

Sean was a Batman fanatic and he appreciated all Batmobiles (unless it was Chevy based lol!). He would've definitely liked the one you posted, so thanks for posting that one. I'll share it on his Facebook page.

It was my honor to have had him as a friend. I learned so much from him. Words cannot describe how empty the world feels without him. Even though we only saw each here and there - sometimes maybe once a year - it was of great comforting knowing he was around and would show up to help on a moment's notice.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John long View Post
Sorry to near this but thankful,for his,salvation and testimony. I hope it brings his family some peace.

John
Hey John,

Thank you. I believe the fact that Sean made his peace with God as well as his fate did bring some peace to his mother. As much as it hurts her to have lost him, she is happy that he was perfectly fine with it. He was ready to meet the Lord.

The day after he was brought home from the hospital, a huge bbq was thrown at his house at his request, so he could as many of his family and friends as he could. Man what a turnout! One of the visitors was a pastor he had been hoping to hear in church. The pastor, a very kind and to-the-point man, gave him a short private sermon. He said to Sean "I understand I am here because you are going to meet the Lord." The rest of us put our heads down, not knowing what kind of answer to expect. Sean looked at the pastor calmly and replied with a smile "yes I am".

And he never talked about it again. After that, every time I'd see him, it was always "as soon as I get better, we are gonna..." And I'd say "you bet we will...", still holding out hope that it was never too late for a miracle...

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Sorry for your loss,,, May God give you peace and the family also.... I just spent a few days with a friend that gave cancer a good fight for About four years..

And now was sent home to go in peace,, So I know how you feel brother.. Keep your head up high, That is what Sean would want...Thanks for being there for him..
Hey Randy,

My condolences on your loss, brother. Seems like you and I are in the same boat. And I still remember that hotrodder friend of yours on another forum who passed a while back. I will never forget how he took the time to say goodbye to everyone. I kept thinking about him as I spent time with Sean. Such brave souls in the face of death.

I'm glad you were able to spend a few days with your friend. It really helps to bring some closure and no regrets about not having been there at the end. Prayers for your friend and his family and for you

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I don't know how I missed this thread, I am so sorry to hear of your loss. If he made people feel the way he made you feel, he was an angel on earth and we are better for his short time here. Prayers are coming for Sean as well as family and friends.

Brian
Hey Brian,

Thank you, he truly was an angel on earth. Very kind, brave, and giving. I hope to carry the same values with me.

Thanks for reading. God bless and thank you so much for being there...

Tags
friend, gearhead, off-topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.