Hot Rod Forum banner

Hotrodding...in the truest sense...

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  Mustangsaly 
#1 ·
Once again, gotta good one 4 you. My restoration of my 67 RS/SS Camaro is nearing completion of the blocking and sanding phase and I've got a wild hair that just sprung up. Friend of mine has a 1970 Olds 455 that has been reworked, strong (very) and he wants to get rid of it. Money is a bit tight right now for a new crate engine, and I was wondering about the possibilities of putting OLDS power in the Camaro. Thoughts, ideas, suggestions, hand grenades???? Let me have em.

#3 ·
I like the idea of the 455 Olds. Go for it....Remember, There are no rules to hot rodding....you build them to suit yourself. Dare to be different, hot rodding is not just having a hot rod......It is a state of mind!

#4 ·
Olds, Pontiac, Chevy.
Ford, Mrecury, Lincoln.
Its like a cousin to the 454 so go for it.
Hey I gotta sbc going into a Gremlin. Its your dough and project so do it how you like. Hg :thumbup:

#6 ·
I'm not a big fan of engine swaps, but the Olds is a strong Engine, i own a strong Olds 403, butt building a Olds up or parts for a Olds is a lot more money than a Chevy. and there are more affordable aftermarket items for a Chevy. butt if the price is right and your game go 4 it. A 67 Camaro in my mind needs to be either a real barley street able SBC, butt really to me when i think of a 67 Camaro, i like the idea of a 67 Camaro with a Big Block. butt thats me, like someone said, in hotroding different is Ok or Good . if money is the reason to go Olds, Just be Sure it's What You Want, cause going that route to get on the street, is just gona cost more to get back to a Chevy Motor, if that is the plan, cause changing back to a Chevy is just making your end result even more $$$.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.