House of Kolor paint - Page 2 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-25-2003, 11:50 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thank you Ranchero_65.

That link you supplied to me was alot more helpful that the actual House of Kolor website.

I have printed all the tech sheets out that refer to the Kameleon kolors & they do have the Kameleon kolors listed. You have to actually click on purchase to see the colors they offer. If this link works you can
see them here!

I will take these tech sheets to the man that will be doing my painting & have him read them & tell me if he feels confident to do it (remember he has never sprayed custom paint before). I will even buy him a instructional video for him to view.

I can see where he will feel incapable of doing it, never spraying custom paint before. I'm sure he's afraid that he will #*^! up since this is a custom truck that is being built.

I want to be his guinea pig, hell if it doesn't look good then it doesn't look good & all that I will have invested with him is the paint. If it does then imagine the kick back I will get sending custom work to him! (Ya, right. The nearest custom paint shop is 170 miles away.)

I guess those tech sheets answered my question! You have to use HOK products from primer to clear coat.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2003, 12:07 AM

Last photo:

parks911 Your Very Welcome !

After I posted the reply I went back looking around and did find where they have the color. I was sort of sticker shocked when I saw the price tho , $445 a QT a little out of my price range . I figure I'd need at least 3 qts and that is doing it perfict whitch I doubt I can do . I have not shot paint in 15 + years and then I only used DuPont Centri . AE
Old 11-26-2003, 12:45 AM

Last photo:

They are a little high price, but they do look good. I hoping I can get away with less then 3 qts. I'm only painting the cab & front end. The bed is being removed & a custom aluminum flat bed with all the bells & wistles is being built for it.

The best thing is save your pennies. I don't have clear enough to cover the cost of everything that is being done yet. But hell, I just rolled my F-150 last Saturday so now it is going to be done my way from frame-up (including interior, exaust, ect.)

It'll take a month or so before my buddy can get it in the shop also & a couple months to do all the mods to it, so that helps out with the collection of more pennies.

He is a 1 man operation & I'll probally go in as much as I can to help him out with it. Hopefully that will reduce some of the labor costs.

Last edited by parks911; 11-26-2003 at 12:51 AM.

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.