Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How to bleed brakes?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 04:02 PM
Young & Idealistic

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild an engine
Last journal entry: 1950 Fargo - losing hope
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

How to bleed brakes?

Here I go again, and yes I did a search and it confused me. Allright so I need to bleed the brakes on my '50 but I'm not quite sure how. I always thought that I had to start with the bleeder screw furthest away from the master cylinder and work my way towards the closest one. But then in a search I read that you bleed brakes front to back, not back to front the wheel cyinder furthest away from the MC is the back right one, then back left one, then front right one, then front left one. Is that how I do it? Or what does "front to back" mean then?
Now I have my bleeder screw tight open it. I get my dad to push down on the brake pedal right? Should he push it all the way to the bottom? Thats what I thought, but the search I made said that it should only be pushed down as far as you would with regular driving Now how long do I wait before tightening the screw again, until there is no fluids coming out anymore? Then I tighten it and release pedal AFTER tightening right? Repead procedure on all 4 brakes and fill up the MC with new brake fluid.

Mike