Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How to bleed brakes?
View Single Post
Old 09-08-2005, 04:20 PM
Certified Lead Foot

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Glad to see you have done your homework. Now, the correct way to bleed your brakes is........

All of the methods will work. Going to the farthest one or doing the front first are based on SINGLE or DUAL master cylinders.

The bottom line is, have someone push the pedal.
Open the bleeder, when the fluid stops, close the bleeder, release the pedal. Repeat until NO air comes out. Move to the next wheel. Do all 4 even if you only did a front or back job.

There are ONE MAN bleeders that do OK. There is a tool called a MYTI VAC that will allow you to suck the fluid out of the bleeder, thus removing the air. A fancy one man bleeder.

I bleed the caliper/cylinder I just replaced until I get clean, clear fluid. Then I do each wheel. After all are done, I double check each wheel. I usually double check again in a day or two. I am anal about brakes as they are the single most important system on your vehicle. I also use Valvoline ABS Brake Fluid that exceeds DOT 3 and DOT 4 specs. I figure me and my family are worth the extra $$$.