Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How can I get Registration for my hot rod?
View Single Post
  #11 (permalink)  
Old 06-19-2006, 01:41 PM
tbirdscott's Avatar
tbirdscott tbirdscott is offline
stuff'n things'n whatnot
Last photo:
Join Date: Oct 2004
Location: P-Dot B.C.
Age: 32
Posts: 356
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
The way I had to do it on my zephyr was send a bill of sale (get it from your icbc office) and had the person I purchassed it off of fill it out, I then sent it down to victoria with a cheque for $7 or something and they did a title search, they were unable to find any information on the vehicle so they sentr me paperwork back which allows me to take the vehicle to a registered inspection facility where they would inspect the car and verify it is what I said it is then they will affix a new vin number to the car and (if the vehicle passes inspection) i could then insure the car and drive it home.

If a registered owner had been found They would have sent me their name and address along with paperwork which I would then have to fill out and send via courier to there address and if they didnt sign for the letter it would be sent back to me and I could then apply to have it registered in my name. If the person does sign for it and say "hey! thats mine" then they pretty well come get their car from what I understand... i'm about to go through the same process with a motorcycle I just purchased, its a PITA
Reply With Quote