Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - how can i make a water heater into a a.c. tank?
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2003, 10:57 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I've seen a gas water heater used once for a compressor tank, it ran off a a.c. compressor on a work truck in a wrecking yard I worked at as a kid. A smaller tank, it couldn't have held much pressure, it worked well for the wrecking yard duty. As Willys and the rest stated, using for high pressure applications sounds like an accident waiting for a place to happen. I eliminated a lot of water collection by running my air lines from the comppressor to overhead in the rafters, they came down to a water trap, across to another trap, then out for usage. Never had problems with water in paint. Dan P.S. When you use a compressor that can't keep up with your tools, is continually running, heat from the compressor constantly running is going to build condensation. Cool air into a hot compressor equals water.

[ May 07, 2003: Message edited by: dinger ]</p>