144K views 2K replies 46 participants last post by  496CHEVY3100 
#1 ·
I have seen Flower cars ,but never saw one like this

This is about as cool as it gets.
Just think of all the car parts I could haul in the back of this:D:thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#661 ·
How cool is this! There was a parts store here in town for many decades called "The Parts House." It was in the old Chevy Dealer building that was a dealership from the thirties until the fifties when they built a new building next door. That building is now gone, they moved out in the sixties to the last location that closed up in the 2008 mess. The Parts House moved from there to another location. Well The Parts House closed up (a HORRIBLE people person, don't know how it lasted what it did) a year or so ago.

My brother bought about every part for his very successful repair shop for 30+ years from The Parts House. I pass this building every night on the way home from work and see the darn sign every day thinking how cool it would be to have a piece of it to give my brother. I put a sign on the truck out front months ago with my business card. And I have watched it sit there untouched outside this vacant building. Today as I passed I saw that the sign was down. And I saw their garbage bin out front being it's garbage night in the neighborhood. I just got back from a walk down there to go through the garbage and WHAM I found what I wanted! LOLOL I can't wait to give it to my brother and make a big deal out of it like I am giving him a gold brick.

Brian

Attachments

#673 ·
That Olds is a Motorama dream car, same as the 53 Corvette with Harley Earl behind it (genius.) It's called the F-88.

WebCars!: Pebble Beach Concours d'Elegance

It makes me sick I didn't get to this show. Pebble Beach is a few hour drive from my house and I have been a lover of the "Dream Cars" from GM for years and I didn't know this was happening. It's a few hundred bucks to get into that show, I would have paid it without even thinking, damn it.

Brian

#672 ·
The Corvair initially came only in the four-door sedan, but early in 1960 at the NY Auto Show, Chevrolet displayed the Corvair Super Monza, with those side strakes, a sunroof, and bucket seats. It generated lots of interest, and the Monza was quickly put into production, along with the lower trim coupes. The Monza was an instant hit, although only some 11k could be built for the 1960 model year. In 1961, it was the best selling model, and some 110k Monza coupes were snapped up.

I saw the Olds sell at Barrett Jackson,a few years back,,Multi million,,i am thinking 3 million:confused::rolleyes:

#675 ·
Someone just did that recently from what I remember, it's a failure in my opinion, crossed too far over the years. That looks like a model, but I believe someone did it.

Brian

#678 · (Edited)
The 55 is a concept car on another site,,there are several of different colors and the 57 BB listed and a 57 with a 58 style roof,,it is so hard to post a p[icture on this site I didn't show them,,

Also Ed Cole built the Corvair for his wife it has several options that did not show up on the corvair side vents ,synroof etc,,,probably cost prohibitive,,,the article list it as a 1960 but the grill is what was used on the 63 model:D

#691 · (Edited)
They clone LeMans into a GTOs all the time. Just have to start swapping parts.... Data plate sez it's a 66 GTO hardtop(not a post car) . ST 66 24217 The only way to be 100% sure is to send the vin into PHS and see if it comes back as a GTO. I bet this one would....

I have relatives in 'Bama that could get it for me, then I could make a road trip........ :)

Paint is Burgundy with a black Vinyl top - N2
Black interior - 223
Options: Console - G Not sure about the D. Must be the power seat which would be code 564 on the PHS...

That's good info, 496. I use a different source, I'll add yours too.. Just in case I go back to a Goat....

Having a GTO for 9 years I can practically decode them in my sleep......:rolleyes:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.