144K views 2K replies 46 participants last post by  496CHEVY3100 
#1 ·
I have seen Flower cars ,but never saw one like this

This is about as cool as it gets.
Just think of all the car parts I could haul in the back of this:D:thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#757 ·
That's how it was done where I worked making boats in the 80s. In the mold, solid color first. The thing to bear in mind is that it comes out like single stage, with exposed pigment or flake on the top coat after sanding and buffing. If they clear coated them when new they might last forever but they don't because it would be a fisheye nightmare. Seasoned gelcoat can sometimes be successfully painted or cleared.

#759 ·
Not in the gelcoat but yes between gelcoat and glass. The boss had some powder he would mix with the gelcoat to make putty for filling those unfortunate spots which would break open or be found as a soft spot when buffing. Tiny stuff. Do not recall any repairs in flake areas, those would be more obvious but the solids blended in nice.

#762 ·
I can't imagine stopping for a photo, but I have never been that close to one. Maybe you use to it and know where it's going to go and that sort of thing. I would have had my foot to the floor!

Brian

#764 ·
I hope it's photo shopped, they are nothing to fool with.

Even though my friend Steve and I stood in Mom's driveway and watched a big one go by that was on the ground for somewhere around 60 miles. It went though the field between my Mom's house and my house. All it did on our farm was move an old piece of farm machinery into the middle of the corn field so that located it's path about squarely in the middle of our mile long farm. The guy renting our farm later accused me of putting it there to harass him, we later got rid of him and he still hates me for loosing our farmland. :D It went on to totally wipe out the farmstead about three miles North of Mom's house where it tried to pull a woman out of the basement for her missing house breaking her leg. It wiped out a new house that was ready for the people to move into about 14 miles Northwest of Mom's without touching the mobile home that the owners were living in. The rest of my family was huddled in Mom's basement, my Sister and Wife yelled at Steve and I afterwards.

We had a small one go through our farmstead when I still lived at home. Mom, Dad and my Brother were at home that night but I was at work in Des Moines. I came home about 2:00am and I couldn't get down the road from the North because a tree was across the road. The next morning we could see where it flattened our West lot fence, went just North of the quonset building
where a F100 was sitting that my had just pulled the engine out of, it took the radiator that was sitting in the back and dropped it on the ground but all the pop cans were still in the bed. It took the hood off of my Brother's 1970 Torino Cobra and dropped it in a field 1/4 mile away. It knocked over the hammer mill and we could see the path it made through the grove.

I've seen many tornados and I wouldn't want to sit anywhere close and take a picture even though I've taken pictures of them from a respectable distance. The last one I saw was just the other day as I was coming East out of Colorado Springs. I detoured quite a few miles to the South to avoid that storm.

I took this picture but the tornado was over ten miles from me where it caused a lot of destruction to a farmstead.

#766 ·
Also camera setting. I would bet my daughter who is a photographer could make that thing look like it's close like this or hundreds of miles away by settings.

Brian

#772 · (Edited)
#774 ·
#794 ·
#804 ·
Notice the large wheel wells. And, it's sitting on the ground. The winch on the tongue lowers and raises it.... They're pretty nice inside. There's a bunch of holes in the floor for fishing... I took the pic at a campground. First time I saw one camping.

#813 ·
I built a lot of dirt track and drag race motors with thier parts never any problems exept an occasional broken rocker,but that would be expected with the valve spring pressure I was using,

I have a lot of their parts in my 496 also:thumbup:
They do have great prices,and excellent shipping,:thumbup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.