144K views 2K replies 46 participants last post by  496CHEVY3100 
#1 ·
I have seen Flower cars ,but never saw one like this

This is about as cool as it gets.
Just think of all the car parts I could haul in the back of this:D:thumbup:

Attachments

See less See more
#1,052 ·
Engine still turned same direction,,the cam was ground diferent to make valves open at a different duration,,intake thru side of heads ,,exaust thru the top,,most with headers similar to a Boat,,,if it turned backwards it would use a different Oil pump and Distrubitor and cam again like a twin engine boat,,and would have 1 forward gear and 3 or 4 reverses ,,:thumbup::thumbup:

#1,058 ·
Smokey could make power out of a Singer :thumbup:

I was referring to the reverse flow ,I thought they lost power at upper rpm,,hard for me to remember any more,,,
what were we talkin about,,lol

some refered to the engine as reverse rotation which was misleading,,they were actually Reverse Flow.:thumbup:

#1,060 ·
But I have a new Favorite the 47 Cadillac
this is the first one I remember seeing, absolutely stunning.:thumbup:
Better looking than they were back in the day... Caddy and Olds made a quantum leap in engines in 1949 when they went OHV... When Ford was struggling to get their flathead V8's to 100 HP, Olds and Caddy offered 160 and 195 HP stock... and they were easily modded to much more... The power to match that body...

#1,075 ·
The old guy that owned the junkyard in town had a bunch of those out on his farm. He I'd bet he had several of just about every model of Crossly they made. He also had all manner of cool iron out there that he was saving for posterity I guess. Then the son took over and brought in the crusher. :(:(:( It was heartbreaking to see all that iron lost forever. My brother was a classmate of the son and tried to stop him but the son told my brother, "I'm not in the antique business." I wish that we would have had the funds to buy a bunch of it while the old man had it but that's life. I should have at least tried to buy that tripower 59 Olds 2 door hardtop that an upper classman used to drive. I knew it was out there but I never imagined it would end up crushed. :(:spank::(:spank::boxing::pain::pain::pain:

#1,074 ·
Being my brother is in the Crosley community he will send me cars for sale now and then and DAMN they are tempting! And yes the wagon would be number one on my list.

Brian

#1,087 ·
When I was living in Vancouver, Wa,our car club, North County Cruisers, was invited up to Harold LeMay's home to view his collection. He was a fascinating fellow and his collection was absolutely amazing. He had everything from Duesenburgs to every body style of Crosley imaginable. He even had a King Midget. I believe he told me he had approximately 3500 cars stored in I don't remember how many buildings.

What was cool was that they were pretty much all good survivors, not show cars.

It truly was a fantastic day and I am glad I can say I knew Harold.

John

#1,094 ·
Hey I can identify with that. Bout 10 years ago I had a chance to purchase 1 of the first Datsun pickups imported to the USA:cool: back in I think 64. I went to look at it and it was a kool little and I mean little truck. I went to set down in it and I would not fit behind the wheel... Wow those were small...:cool:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.