Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How do I get 500 Hp out of a 454 with peanut port heads?
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2012, 10:50 PM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: My grand Daughter at a car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by topwrench
Given the same H.P. weather.Flywheel,Gross or rear wheel B.M.E.P. decreases with increasing displacement.And B.M.E.P.plays a great role in the durability of any engine weather S.I. or C.I.
I know this statement is arguable with how you get to the same H.P. but it is generally true!
Decreasing internal component friction by the use of lighter oils always gives a small increase in H.P.
Removing ancilliary loads also gives increases in H.P.
Dyno adjustments,ambient temp,exhaust header internal condition(rust or carbon build up)can also affect the readings
I know Im splitting hairs here.Ive never seen two different dynos give the same readings.
Im not bashing dyno tuning,I think its a great thing!
Ive personally seen a S.B. load up to 800 G.H.P. at 9200,n that was at 209 C.I.D.with a little less than 2 ATM of boost!

I agree I can dyno in the evening get a reading shut down leave the car on the dyno over night, come in the next day and get different readings, Air temp, humidity too many variables! But I wasn't comparing anything big block or small block. The mouse motor could of been a 427 side oiler didnt make any difference I was talking about peoples reactions! Maybe if I used two 454s And not the same hp In the statement it would have gone over better

Their R.W.Dynoing at car shows here (probably at lawn shows all over I dont Know) they charge 50 bucks and have the owners guess what their hp is. They give the same reactions!! Usually they blame the builder who promised 6oo hp out of the build! They dont realize the builder did just what he said he'd do 600 or more b.h.p. not 395 r.w.h.p.!

Last edited by painted jester; 01-08-2012 at 11:06 PM.