Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How do I get 500 Hp out of a 454 with peanut port heads?
View Single Post
Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnyy2586 View Post
A trick set of BBC aftermarket heads and a quality rod/piston combination will easily approach three grand. It's numbers like this that send guys running back to the small-block camp, but there's an alternative: Save a ton of green by starting with a good core motor.

---------------------------------

2013 MERCEDES BENZ SL-CLASS
It costs a lot more than that after you import everything and pay the import tax we have to pay on american parts(free trade agreements are a myth) here in europe. Thats why a used set of 781/049 heads are a much better deal. Far as I can tell the large oval heads will make all the power you need if you keep the revs under 6000 and leave a little torque over for your bottom end grunt. I'm building a street engine and have a good 4 bolt block with low miles. It's got truck rods,and its a mark IV so everything is strong inside. New rod bolts and a set of 30cc domed pistons should do the trick. I got to drill a hole on top of the rod and have the small end honed for a floating pin. Question is can I put the rod bolts in without having to resize the rods(thy're perfect sized as they stand now) after if I prep the rods correctly before installation.