Hot Rod Forum banner

How do i get to stay

813 views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  bsa_bob2 
#1 · (Edited)
Heres a picture of T/S lever and A knob. I tried ;silicone; all purpose glue, but am getting to a point i may have to throw this thing away . I need to get knob on the stem ...FOREVER. THANKS for reading this ridiculous thread ain't it? Any good ideas? ha ha:thumbup: bob s

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
Ha ha, I hate those dad gum things! Make a painted wood handle and roll pin or set screw it? Strange but my 69 GP has that same lever but with a hard plastic handle that never budges. Few of them were column shift. But maybe the 60s levers have the hard handle and 70s stuff got that vinyl one and they swap. I don't know! I know those knobs like you have are frustrating.

#5 ·
I was asleep and missed acomplete set of Ididit column levers and etc, For $10.00+ $10.00 shipping,but for $10.00 more... out the door i can get the whole set new / just didn't want anything fancy in this build.

i am going to try that resin idea. One thing about it . Resin will assume the shape and get harder than **** on a wart hog . \

That JB weld is good stuff as long as you use it up SOON after what your doing with it. But not out of the question, for me. Thanks all you guys.... for the replies to a dumb question. :spank: bob s

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.