Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How do I go about moving this portion of the quarter panel in?
View Single Post
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 10-24-2005, 07:32 AM
John Kelly John Kelly is offline
Shabby chic sheet metalshaper
Last photo:
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: Moclips, Wa.
Posts: 233
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A little hard to diagnose from a picture but...You may need to cut your welds or spot welds so the panel is loose and then squeeze it in before welding it again. Or, if you did a lot of welding near the bulged area, the the shrinkage from welding can make inboard sections bulge out if not hammered and dollied correctly. If that does not help, perhaps figure out a way to apply a spreading force vertically inside the quarter to suck the area in. Maybe wood blocks shaped to fit and a porta power?

Reply With Quote