Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How do I "Jerry Rig" 73 Nova Headlight 's
View Single Post
Old 03-08-2003, 08:09 AM
NYOFP4RJ3CHRIS

Wiki Edits: 0

I had a '72 Monte Carlo that I had just put together a motor for, and I had an electric fan wired through the fuse panel without a relay (just wanted to drive it). I had my brother in the car and headed out for a drive, after a little bit I had to see what she would do. I was doing about ninety when I decided to let off, the throttle stuck and I couldn't get it to unstick. So I just shut the key off enough to kill it but not lock the steering wheel. Here's where my butt was eating the upholstery, the electric fan was generating power and still feeding the ignition. And I was headed into a little traffic and still doing about ninety, so I dropped it to second and reached under the dash and pulled the ignition wire while my brother steered and my foot on the brake. Let me just say that power brakes don't work too good at almost WOT, let alone the size of the cam. I should have re-routed the wire the very moment that I noticed the motor still ran for a second after shutting off the key. But I was wanting to go right now and never expected the throttle to stick like that.