Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How do I prevent dry spray and orange peel?
View Single Post
Old 05-12-2012, 09:20 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handfull54
Just remember that if you are painting in your garage to beware of your hot water heater if its in there. As a retired Fire captain I have seen people blown own to the street when those fumes reach their ignition point. Also be sure you have a big enough air compressor. I bought 2 little ones and my paint would be dry in some spots and Ok in others. If your compressor is running all the time it's not keeping up. I bought a 80 gallon 7 hp compressor nd all the problems went away. Just my experience.
I do my primer in my driveway. I will do the final paint in my garage with the floors hosed down, since I'll have more room in my small cramped garage with my car back together. This car is not a restoration, more of a hot rod so I am not concerned with getting paint on every nook and cranny. My compressor keeps up fine, in fact barely turns on when I spray. Thanks for your concern though, that is pretty dumb though to paint near a flame.