Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How do I quickly prep my garage for painting my car inside it?
View Single Post
Old 01-19-2011, 02:57 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Be careful with hanging plastic on the ceiling. Overspray and dust will stick to it and if slightly disturbed it WILL fall onto your project. I know from personal experience. Here are a few pics from my garage. I have a 24" fan built into the back wall. I typically clean the garage the day before and do my masking, then the next day, lighty blow the car off and tack and shoot. I still get dust, but it sand out. I'm always looking for tips on garage set-ups!

I typically remove any large items and then hang plastic around the compressor to stop any dust from flying off of it.

My fan. I built a box to hold filters infront of it. I have fresh air that enters from the other side. Although the fan can pull more air the can be supplied. I may install a window on the front of my garage come spring that I can slide a filter in. So I'm not sucking air through EVERY single crack in the garage and pullling dust.

13 hours later, lol