Hot Rod Forum banner

how do I reinforce a frame?

2K views 6 replies 4 participants last post by  KKV 
#1 ·
what and where on the frame is most critical to reinforce a frame.. im just a beginner at this, hehe..please help me out

THX /Kim

#2 ·
Things we need to know

First we need to know just what you are working on some chassis are just fine for the intended purpose the way they were built..

The strongest is a full box section chassis so guys go that way when doing say an early ford where the original had a puny four cylinder and now they are putting in a blown big block or something..

Sam

#4 ·
Welcome, I looked at you Journal and the frame on them are pretty stout, I would box it in the front about 3 feet and same with the back for minimum strength, although my rod is boxed all the way through, I would also build a good frame support at trans mount for more strength, Looks like you got yourself a great start there. :thumbup:

30dee

#6 ·
I agree, your frame looks pretty solid. How much HP are you going for in this car? Nice project, btw. :thumbup: I look forward to seeing this progress.

Once you mock up your engine & tranny & determine whether the existing x-member is in the right place, you'll have a better idea what you need to do to the frame.

I'm sure you'll get some more input once we get some close up pics.

#7 ·
im not sure how much HP im going for but im going for a 350 chevy..
im so happy when you guys say that this is a good projekt..im so new at this and i wasnt sure at all by takin this car into my projekt..I dont know why but i like this car..its a cool car..and i got it quite cheap :mwink: ..but as i said, im not sure yet about the hp:s what do u think?..

KIM

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.