how do ya do it?? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2003, 02:31 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

how do ya do it??

ok i cant help but ask this one--how do all you guys in here find and get hooked up with wemon that are just as into cars as you.
the only wemon that ive ever been out with that were into cars were into imports and compacts. im kindof getting upset-i need a girl that a pick up a summot catalog and dream about parts more than me. so whats the secret? it would be so much easier to buy her car parts for here b-day cuss lets face it-us men just cant ever get it right when we try and buy her clothes or jewelry. sure they say its nice but then you notice that the only time she wears them is around you. but if we could get her car parts then we would never fail-we know exactly what looks good on a car(but not really what looks good on her)

ohh yeah-having all of her teeth would be nice to

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2003, 03:17 PM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

My wife was not into cars when we first met. I was working on the 36 then and we went to several crusise in it, primer and not all the glass and no a/c. Took her to the rocky mountain nats in puebelo in 94 and she fell in love with it. In fact I proposed to her with her in the car and I was setting on the running board. Now if I could just get her to help in the garage.
Old 07-29-2003, 03:37 PM

I managed to get lucky. I just hung out around the race track and one day this girl needed some help with her race car afterwards because of a blown wheel bearing and ever since I've been with her
Old 07-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Be the MIRACLE!

Last journal entry: Running boards (part DUEX)
Last photo:

My wife wasn't into cars or motorcycles but she was interested in me. Whatever I was into she wanted to be there with me and visa versa. It's a 2 way street. She's still not really into cars but she appreciates the workmanship and creativity that goes into them. She likes them because I do. Hey, could you ask for more than that? Sure, but life isn't perfect. But it's as close as it'll get for me and that'll do just fine!
Old 07-29-2003, 03:40 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: How to rebuild a Rochester Quadrajet 4MV carbureto...
Last journal entry: How to change auto shift timing on 200R4
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 21

When you are as studly as me, you just pick out the one you want from the crowd around you.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:10 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:

I went out with a big club and knocked out the one I wanted, isn't that how your supposed to do it? I guess I should have asked first? But on second thought if you ask first then you have to listen to them and then treat them nice etc.etc.etc.

A bonk on the old noggin is a lot easier.
Old 07-29-2003, 04:13 PM
Kid With A Wrench...

Last journal entry: The Blower and test fit.
Last photo:

I do it like willy's! lol...j/k.
Truth of the matter is, my girlfriend likes cars just because I do and only started appreciating hot rods in the last 2 years. What's even cooler, she can now look at what one woman would call a "rusty piece of crap", and say "looking good". I don't know if she really knows what she's looking at or if she really means it, but at least I'm not imbarrased about what comes out of her mouth!!!! LOL

Last edited by gt2betubbed; 07-29-2003 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-29-2003, 05:37 PM

Last journal entry: 2 years later
Last photo:

why would you want a girl who loves cars, next thing she'll want to come out in the garage with you, i like to go out and escape the real world,and yes that includes loved ones.
maybe its the loner in me fighting its way out, but when i go to the garage i dont even want my buddies there cause they only take you away from what you are doing.mike
Old 07-29-2003, 06:35 PM

Last photo:

ohhhh a club-hmm does maple or pine wood work best-i like the smell of pine but its been known to leave a bump

ps-ladies if you see me at a show and im carring a ballbat-call the cops cuzz ive lost it
Old 07-29-2003, 06:59 PM
Distracted by shiny objects

Last photo:

Y'know, I always wondered what happened that night, now the truth comes out! Thanks guys, I'm a goin' huntin'....Gonna catch a big one....(I like the pine clubs myself LOL). And to answer your question they all leave a bump, but I like pine the best.

Chuck actually didn't have to search too hard, we were in school together when I brought in the cover plate from the rear end of my '74 Duster. Blew a hole through it doing neutral drops....

Who says blondes have more fun??

Chickie.
Old 07-30-2003, 02:23 AM
Got Ouzo for touzo

Last photo:

My lady doesn't like any of my projects. The Caddy (a boat), the '37 Chevy(too old), '75 Trans-Am (trailer trash) you get the idea.

She will however take the S-10 out once in a blue moon to show off for her friends, and then gets back and tells me how the brakes suck (you know no vacuum because of huge cam syndrome) that usually gets the hot rod bug out of her pretty quickly.

She will however never miss my stock car races, or an opportunity to tell me how I should paint the race car every year. And she also doesn't tell me to cut back on the toys so I'll keep her. At least I don't have to build one for her.

bonuts
Old 07-30-2003, 05:26 AM
Returning American Maddman

Last photo:

Get a mail order bride and put it in the contract.
Old 07-30-2003, 07:40 AM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Just call me Lucky!! My wife of soon to be 41 years has always been there for me. We courted in my 36 5WC, eloped and went on first ,second, and 40th Honeymoon in it. She always voted No when I considered selling it, thank goodness! She has gently complained about all the beating and banging in the garage, particularly after 10:00PM and at 7:00 AM, concerned about the neighbors!? But she never worried about where I was, cause I was usually in earshot. She has pumped brake pedals or started/tightened nuts I could not get to many times over the years and she has picked the paint and interior colors on all the projects cause she is better at that than I and we both know it. And there has never been one complaint about the money spent on old cars, cause I drive them and she has always had proprietorship on her own car that I have to maintain, thank you very much. And all this is her weak points!!!

Yeah, just call me Lucky.

Trees
Old 07-30-2003, 08:08 AM
Rebuilding AGAIN!!!!

Last photo:

When I met my wife I had a 78 Camaro with a 505 Big Block in it & was running Low 10's a 79 Camaro Berlinetta with the cool Half Landau top ( Dark Metallic blue car with a Baby blue top ) that Berlinetta was a very rare car & I had a 81 Z28 with a 383 that was running Low 12's. I think she wanted my Berlinetta more than she wanted me, she even tried to get me to sell her the car. So I guess I'm just lucky. Now she even rides her own Harley.
Old 07-30-2003, 08:52 AM

its funny.......every-one can remember what they drove when they meet there girl, but probably cant remember the date, or what she was wearing. but im just as guilty. if it wasnt for the speeding ticket on our first date i wouldnt have known the date either.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.