Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How do you chop a Fiberglass Body?
View Single Post
Old 02-12-2007, 10:22 PM
Ford Man to the bone!!!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneMoreTime
...Would look sweet when done..Just going to be quite a pile of work to get there..

Sam
Thanks Sam, I think so too, and WOW guys, thanks for all the responces.

I think I will tackle the job. They say you are far more motivated if it is what you want to do. And that is my dream car.

The hardest part will be the back of the roof. I could do several (4 to 5) pie cuts and then grind down the curve and rebuilt it up and repeat until smooth. I think the cuts I showed in the pillar could be able to be done in the right place so as to fit without much extra filler. Maybe a little grinding.

As for holding the part is place, I could use straps with small screws away from the glassing area, then fill them later.

I will of course have to get more detailed in those cuts. First step is finding a glass Fiat with working doors. Even a non-chopped one with working doors. It will mean some real fiberglass work on filing the gaps went I chop it, but.... I remember someone used to make one but a web search turned up nothing. Any ideas?