Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - HOW do you guys do it?
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 05:00 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

HOW do you guys do it?

I'm trying to get my plan together, to do a complete paint, including trunk, undersides of hood and decklid, doorjams, etc... and all this after doing repair of a number of rustouts and dings and dents.
With time restrictions/painting windows for when to spray epoxy followed by primer/filler, sealer, base coat and clear...........it's mind boggling to me an individual can get it all done per spec sheets and proper applications/methods!
Seems you'd have to be unemployed or take vacation to have a chance and let's not forget all the other things going on in one's life.

Can anyone give me a clue how to get 'er done?

getting areas on my car done, a little at a time, strip and epoxy, work around the car, then have to respray epoxy again, then primer/filler, work out defects, take days and days to get it straight, wouldn't the time be gone to properly spray the base? having 2K over the epoxy, how long would I have before shooting or is the time unlimited if I scuff the 2K later?
Sorry for being so long winded and obviously confused.

Thanks
Bill