Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How do you keep your garage floor dry during winter months?
View Single Post
Old 01-10-2004, 02:04 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Perhaps you guys are right, putting in a drain is going to be necessary for wetting down the floor for painting anyway. The floor itself is nearly perfectly level and I went around this summer and patched all the little nicks and chips in the floor with mortar to make it perfectly smooth. A couple of hours with a diamond saw, some tubing and some mortar mix and I could be in business. Maybe a long trough that runs the width of the garage with a stainless rectangular cross section grille that fits flush with the floor thats strong enough to take a load. Make it removable with a polished top edge ( ) and I could even brag to friends.

Just what I needed...another project.

For now I will use a wet-dry vac as Hellza mentioned, the squeegee method leaves a little to be desired since the crud falling off the car is full of sand and gravel and a nice new wiper blade lasts all of three months pushing all the junk out the door. Big problem is, I always tell the wife that vacuuming is a woman's job. I wonder if she would mind doing the garage the same time she does the livingroom.

Thanks guys for all the tips. I may be living out there when she reads this.

Last edited by 4 Jaw Chuck; 01-10-2004 at 02:11 AM.