Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - how do you pick header gaskets for SBC
View Single Post
Old 12-12-2012, 01:00 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by bygddy View Post
Ferrari+broke...?
Oh yes broker than broke. I just got canned from my job & It was my daily driver, you should have seen the people at the unemployment office. Thats when I went self employed, 27 years ago. Still have the car too.

My mechanic turned out to be J Geils of the J Geils band. They ran a Vintage race shop out of MA. They knew I was a young vet, but they still charged me full price for service but showed me how to fix it with all the little tricks so I could do it myself. Being basicly hand built the italian repair manuals were useless. Most things were basic with some trap door somewhere, if you didnt know the tricks you would wreck something expensive. But I always left the engine to them. Remember this was before the web and Ferrari guys & clubs were mainly aholes and didnt do thier own work. In fact people would brag on how much they would pay for a service.

Sorry for the hijacking but the car has 157k on it now on original drivetrain and runs great, had a nice run coming home from caffine & octaine this sunday with a 55 Chev pickup with a 572 & a 871 Blower, imagine my surprise when he blew by me when we droped the hammer at 80+