Hot Rod Forum banner

How do you remove the door info tag without destroying it?

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  onebadmerc 
#1 ·
How do you remove the door tag, the sticker one that has all the info on it without destroying it. I am doing a color change and would like to get the tag off and put it back on after I paint the door jam.

#3 ·
I don't think the dealer would have the tag for my door anymore, its on a 73 Mercury. I once changed the doors on my mom's 89 Daytona and tried to take the tag off her old wrecked door. All that happened was the tag seperated and it said void on the half that stayed on the door.

#8 ·
It is a original car and I hate the paint scheme, white with a white top and ginger interior. It s in such crappy shape that I figured if I have to repaint everything I might as well change it to something I like. I know some people will cringe at me for changing an all original car, but its mine. It not like I am going to pull the 351c and slap in a 302. Even though I am changing the color of the car and the top, I would like to keep the other stuff original, like the tag on the door.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.