Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - how does this air compressor piping diagram look
View Single Post
Old 09-02-2004, 12:32 AM
tryn to learn

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Re: water

Quote:
Originally posted by lanierledford
Hi humidity causes a lot of condensation in air compressors.If you're getting water at the tool hookup, you need a bigger dryer or another dryer. Air pressure drop from high to low causes condensation. maybe a pressure regular at the tank to hose connection would help. It sounds like you're just using more air than the dyer can handle. Does it have a bleed valve on the bottom of the dryer, if so you may need to leave it open a little to allow the water to bleed of as it is collected. What about the tank bleed, does it need draining. You could try building a catch tank from a 4 in. pipe about 2ft. long. Weld the ends, on the side at one end, weld a 3/8 pipe nipple, on the other end, 180 degrees from the first nipple weld another. Then drill through the nipples with a 5/16 drill. Hook the inlet air to the bottom, and outlet to the top. Sorry, you'll need and 1/4 nipple on the end which will be the bottom to drain it. You can use a drain **** ( like a radiator or a valve. The bigger and longer the pipe, the better it works cause the air has longer to stay so the water has longer to fall out. I put legs on mine, stool it up, its five ft. tall, 8 in. diam. lol
the air compressor has a tank drain on the bottom wich i will empty after a couple hours of use, not to much will come out of it so i tip the compressor back and forth and it just pours out. the air filter/dryer has a ball valve on the bottom wich i drain every 1-2 hours of use. its a cambell huasfeld

5-micron filter removes unwanted dirt particles and condensed water to extend tool life
See-through bowl with metal guard allows easy monitoring of fluid level while protecting unit against impact
Quick-release bowl and quarter-turn drain allows easy maintenance
57 SCFM flow capacity at 90 PSI. 150 PSI maximum pressure. 3/8-inch NPT(F) ports

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

how would it be if i were to use my 50 foot hose and run it up to the ceiling from the comprssor then run it on along the wall on a down hill to the end of the garage and turn it around and bring it back on a down hill and drop off to my dryer(maybe use a second dryer) and then use a pressure regulater(instead of on the air comprssor itself) and then my 25 foot hose to the air tool.

at 100 feet of hose, is 3/8 hose to small? 25 feet hose after the dryer isnt to much to work with sometimes.

the way i got it setup right now is just the 50 foot hose goes half way to the celing from the comprssor and then 5-10 feet across and droped down then coiled up on my workbench and then to the air dryer in the vise and then the 25 foot hose connected up.

Last edited by montea; 09-02-2004 at 12:57 AM.