Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How does this spark plug look?
View Single Post
Old 07-24-2010, 03:37 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyle86
Ran down the strip, went back to the pits and then pulled some out.

Holley carb 750 vs, 76/80 jets, humid 86 degrees, 10:1 compression or slightly under.

I cut them open so I could see the fuel ring down in there. I tried with a magnifyling glass and flashlight with no luck. I don't have an ottoscope.
Same comp as mine, same size carb,same jetting as mine..In 78 to 80 degree weather My plugs had a bit more tanish to them..I would make the secondaries .82 and do another pass if you pick up MPH your going in the right direction, pull it and see..Lean is mean, but Im more conservative, cause if it dropps to the low 70's youll run even leaner..

Try the .82's should look a slight bit more tan..(thats how I like it anyhow)If it dont slow you down, run with the slightly richer jetting, to be on the safe side.

Fronts, leave em alone..Do some street cruising with no WOT runs, and then pull the plug after driving for 20 minutes..Dont let it idle to much, just drive 2500-3500 rpms..

Should look nice and tan.