Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How to get a boat off a trailer for paint??
View Single Post
Old 05-25-2005, 10:14 PM
KING OF BONDO

Last journal entry: My little helper
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

How to get a boat off a trailer for paint??

Here is the deal, I am going to paint an 18 foot bass boat for this guy... I committed myself and have ordered all the needed materials.... I am trying my best to figure out the easiest way to lift the boat off the trailer so I can paint underneath so far and of course the sides and top... I am trying to keep away from having to buy hoist etc... This job is just to help get me back in game if u will, ( normally I would not attempt this) this guy owns his own business and will bring me allot of work in the future if it is done right!

Do you think I can build some supports out of 2x4's for the very bottom of the boat to sit on, say maybe 4 of them?? I don't how heavy a boat is, but surely it is not too heavy, I mean I know I cant lift it or anything, but i thought it should weigh less than a car.. I could buy some cheap outdoor carpet from Lowe's to put on the 2x4 braces??? I am just trying to get past this job and look to the future... Anyone with knowledge I would appreciate the help!! BTW I think it is an "AllStar"?? It looks pretty old and I don't know who makes it... I was supposed to take delivery of it tonight but he did not show...

I am also going to paint the engine on it, so the boat is going to have to be accessible all over.....

I have 4 jack stands, but i thought it might be to hard on the bottom of the boat???

Thanks

Matthew

Last edited by BondoKing; 05-25-2005 at 11:04 PM.