Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - how to get flames to come out of my tailpipe
View Single Post
Old 07-30-2004, 11:44 AM

Last journal entry: Flamethrower trial
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Re: Flame throwers

Quote:
Originally posted by Nomadci
I installed a flame thrower system on my Choptop 54 with an independent fuel source in the trunk. The smalll tank 2(quart) goes to a 7psi fuel pump and from there to a NOS solenoid where the tap is 'T' connected to the dual exhaust about 6 inches from the tips. I have spark plugs installed in the tail pipes which are ignited by a toggle switch on the dash. Actually there are 3 switches 1 toggle for the fuel pump, 1 for the spark ignition and a momentary for the solenoid. I currently burn kerosene and get flames in excess of 20 feet. To see the set up go to cardomain, chevrolet, belair, year 1954 and you'll see the car....I also installed a backup camera so I can see behind me before I hit the switch.
You seem to know what your talkin about so i'll ask you, I'm going to be putting an injected kit on my car(look at pics.) but my car has bellflower tips on it so I can't put the injectors and spark plugs in the pipes less than 30" from the tip without them being seen. Am I going to have to do it where you can see the parts?