Hot Rod Forum banner

how to get rid of this run?

3K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  deadbodyman 
#1 ·
Ok so....Like I said awhile back Ive been practicing painting everything I can find to get enough courage up to paint my project.Im doing real good with not getting any runs&when I do I wet sand then buff&re spray...I havent masterd it yet but Im getti.g there.Well I just bought some steel wheels,blasted em&sprayed em&I got 2 or 3 rund resl close to the center&Im yet to wet sand yet because I cant get my buffer in there please any ideas?

#3 ·
How to get rid of runs

Runs are difficult in any situation, but as already suggested a smaller buffing wheel like one on a dremel tool, might help, however from the photo it looks like you have more then a few drips, hard to say what to do in this case. Maybe take it all off. On panels the best way - is to place masking tape on each side of drip and at the bottom and top. Then take a new razor blade and gently slide the blade down the drip using the tape as a guide you should be able to slice the nib of the drip off. Timing is important, to soon and you will dray the paint. Make sure the drip is dry before buffing it out. Good luck!

#6 ·
I've been doing it backwards I stand on a creeper and have someone push me around the wheel,I like your way better...One thing I do do differently though is I have the tire already mounted but off the beads,when I'm done painting I just inflate the tire this way there are no scratches or chips from mounting the tires

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.