Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How good are pro comp cylinder heads
View Single Post
Old 02-07-2012, 11:58 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

fantastic post..........about retail and jobs

but somehow there needs to be some control over how far some will push "just to make the sale"

i think a MAP pricing would do some damage to it.... but not eliminate it..
MSD tried it and have brought it back on some of their new boxes.

i know sooner or later the ones that are doing it will eliminate themselves....but it will be later as they continue to make $$$..they arent going anywhere...
and i see a new trick as several sell under multiple store fronts so as one dries up the next ones gaining momentum....

and since you asked me......about the jobs???? we have created a few jobs due to the parts....and we have been buying our electronics from overseas for decades.......would we not expect it to expand?
like stated so many times...it does allow those that cant afford 1500 for a set of heads to have a chance at them...but they need a part that works just the same...is my major concern....american made or otherwise...

face it standing at walmart looking at TV's your looking for the size you want with the features you want for the price that you can afford to pay..i do it 90% do it... very few people are 100% brand loyal and buy based on name alone...
lets cover jobs also...from the shipping companies to the dock workers to the truckers to the distributors to the warehouse workers to the machine workers and machine shops to the retail stores...and ime sure the dozens i didnt touch...ime sure we have lost manufacturing jobs yes.....but we have gained countless others...

dlind dumb stupid??????
whatever......
i think smart, thrifty, and cautious fits better....

Last edited by mrperformanceparts; 02-07-2012 at 12:17 PM.