Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How to handle this (pictures inside)
View Single Post
Old 01-08-2013, 06:03 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

You have to address the rust issue if you want it to lastat all...I'd suggest cleaning out the rust spots with a wire wheel on a die grinder then applying Ospho and while its wet wheel it again wipe off all the access with a paper shop toweland let it dry,come back the next day and sand the area with 80 or 180 then wax & grease it ,then epoxy prime it...This will stop the rust dead in its tracks and the bubbles wont be back,The cosmetic work is up to you but I would normaly use a finishing putty to fill the pits because its soupier and fills the small pits better than fillers ..Then go to a filler, If you just go from primer to filler you might skim over the pits and have an air pocket that can give you problems later on..You can substitute the finishing putty for epoxy glue to fill the pits, its harder to sand but makes a better,longer lasting repair...After all the filler work is done use an epoxy primer again, to cover and seal it..... You can get the Ospho at the body shop supply store Or I'm told they sell it at Home depo now ...I've been using it for years and it really works but I wouldnt substitute it for rust mort or any thing else ...Keep in mind ,your not converting the rust your removing it....