Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How to handle this (pictures inside)
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2013, 05:55 PM

Last journal entry: Old guy's low cost Chev coup.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I like MARTINSR's solution. He is bout right on the leave it along. My 51 was painted 20 years ago. Very good job in that it has basically laste this long, but it is starting to blister on the panel below the trunk lid and at the bottom of the doors. Am in the same situation you are, knee deep into another project. The little blistering of the paint in spots doesn't really distract from it much. I still enjoy driving it everywhere, and still get lots of compliments, even when I point out that it is starting to rust. Its 62 years old and still looking good. When I wash, wax and shine it up I fret over the bad spots, but don't think I'm ever going to get serious about putting any more money into it. Got a tiny ding in the paint years ago, and tried to buff it out, make it disappear. That caused more trouble than if I had just left it alone. If (when) the rust bubbles start to crack and bleed, then I'll have to do something. probably sell it to somebody wants a nice ride and doesn't want to put much work into it.