how to handle that yappy dog in the car next to you @ a stop light - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge> Off-Topic
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2006, 11:09 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

how to handle that yappy dog in the car next to you @ a stop light

from a local forum (would have just linked it, but the forum isnt viewable if your not a member)

Quote:
The dog story.

I hate dogs. I hate them because they are annoying and they smell bad. I hate them because they bark. I hate them because they bite. I hate them because they created “dog lovers” and I hate “dog lovers” for loving dogs.

Anyways, Sunday night I roll up to a red light in the outermost of 2 lanes. I have the windows down in my lotus. A lady pulls up to me on the left, she is clearly a “dog lover”.

In her front passenger seat is a dog. In her back seat is a human. Not a child, no, this was an adult - I could tell right away this lady sucked total ***. The dog in her front seat is one of my most hated models of dog: The Barking White Rat Dog. So I glance over to see this dog “freaking out”. It’s barking up a storm, growling. I could see the hate in its eyes (apparently, not everyone loves the Elise).

So what does Crazy McDoglady do? She rolls down the window so the dog can stick its stupid white head out of her stupid green civic and bark right in MY ****ing face. At this point, I was close enough where I could probably rip the dog out of the car onto the pavement where I would proceed to run it over repeatedly. However, being a vegan and somewhat of a humanitarian, I decided that this was not the proper course of action (though the irony would be timeless). I needed something less violent. The thought of activating my car’s horn crossed my mind, but I had serious doubts about its effectiveness. Chances are, it would be muffled by that little bastards incessant yelping… seriously, it was ****ing loud! No, I needed something with more oomph… An epiphany struck. There are times when the stars are just perfectly aligned. Today was that day. A short series of seemingly disconnected events had left me with my revenge…

I reached over and grabbed…

Actually, let me backtrack a bit, let’s review how perfectly this all worked out…

EVENT ONE: Saturday night means a night out. It’s the only night of the week that doesn’t require me to get up the next morning.

EVENT TWO: This past Saturday night was a relatively nice night, and so I had the lotus out.

EVENT THREE: I hung out with Andy (originalsin) who brought with him, for no apparent reason, a few interesting objects.

EVENT FOUR: We went to a party at 93dx—hatch’s house

EVENT FIVE: Andy is an alcoholic.

EVENT SIX: Andy gets plastered. I don’t want him puking in my car so I leave him there. His personal effects remain in my car.

Back to the story: Here I am stuck a red light while this little POS looks into my eyes and barks at me with the fire of 1000 suns. A quick glance to the dogs owner reveals a smug satisfaction as “her precious” lets loose an audio attack on “that young punk in a sports car”. No, really, I made eye contact with her and I could tell she thought it was hysterical. In fact, had it not been for my retaliation, if this woman was even slightly technologically savvy, I can imagine a post on http://www.myadorablepuffydog.org detailing Fluffy’s verbal assault on “some rich kid in his Daddy’s car”. Unfortunately, today was not Fluffy’s day.

I reached over to the storage tray on the Elise dash and grabbed my weapon. I stuck the barrel of it right into the goddamn barking cottonball’s face. I centered it right between his ****ing eyes, point blank range. I pulled the trigger.

A water gun would have been mildly funny. Mace would have been mean. A cap gun had the potential to ignite this ****ing dog. But I didn’t have any of these.

I had…

An air horn.

The instant I pulled the trigger, the barking stopped. The air coming from the barrel pushed the dog’s fur back until you could see just how tiny its face was. I now have no doubts as to whether or not a dog can exhibit human emotions on its face. I am now certain that they can. Rather, I am certain that it can exhibit one in particular: TERROR. I have never seen an animal so frightened. The dog froze. For what seemed like an eternity I laid on the horn until it began to lose steam. I released the trigger. For a split second more, the dog stood, petrified; frozen in his tracks. Then it was gone. It was almost as if the blast from the horn was followed by a nuclear shockwave. The dog exploded off the seat of the car and onto the floor. I was hoping it would raise its head, but I never saw it again. I glanced at the dog’s owner. The look of shock on her face was incredible. Chances are, the she was nearly as startled as the quivering pile of fur now huddled on the floor of her car.

I nodded to her.
The light turned green.
And I drove home.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2006, 11:15 PM
Licenced Automotive Technician

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

ROFLMBO!!!!! That's flippin' hilarious!
Old 03-27-2006, 11:31 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Make a fiberglass fan shroud
Last journal entry: Next.. ..Bagging the king B (barge)
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 161

Dude that is too funny. And a just dessert for the ratdog too. So is that the same forum you got the story about the idiot who grey taped his kid's car seat to the motorcycle? (remember that one?) Don't bogart it, pass it around . What forum is that? later, Mikey.

BE different....ACT normal.

No one is completely useless..They can always be used as a bad example
Old 03-27-2006, 11:39 PM
... & Insanity Ensues .....

Last wiki edit: The FREE T Bucket plans Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

the motorcycle/baby seat story was crossposted to out local foum by one of our members, he wouldnt say what forum he originaly got it from tho

this story was from the same local forum (www.nyspeed.com) , but its something one of our members did himself
Old 03-28-2006, 01:17 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Health and safety in the shop or garage
Last journal entry: 36 Ford painting
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

That is freaking hilarious! Dan
Old 03-28-2006, 06:15 AM
or Jeff, or Doc, or...

Last journal entry: Results of the Camaro
Last photo:

I'm buying a case of them, and loading the cars up!
Old 03-28-2006, 08:05 AM
Member# 3287

Last journal entry: Vortec Heads
Last photo:

I wonder if this tactic would work with those idiots who display their 10 bzillion decibel audio systems at stoplights?
Old 03-28-2006, 09:48 AM
Duck Tape & WD 40

Last journal entry: No more Vehicle
Last photo:

thats funny as hell.
Old 03-28-2006, 12:24 PM

Last journal entry: 52 truck
Last photo:

Thats just to funny.
I think the guy needs a nerve pill though. Hg
Old 03-28-2006, 05:02 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Carburetor
Last journal entry: Clean up
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

::golf clap:: Nicely played, NICELY PLAYED ol' chap!

K
Old 03-28-2006, 06:55 PM
Music soothes the soul

Last journal entry: Wiring finished finally
Last photo:

Ahahahaha! I needed a good laugh, that's so great. Glad someone taught at least one of those stuck up dog lovers a good lesson. Now I wonder if the same could be applied to crying kids and they're parents who won't do anything about it...
Old 03-28-2006, 10:54 PM

Last photo:

Bark back! Drive's 'em nuts.
Old 03-29-2006, 01:10 AM
Good,Cheap,Fast.Pick Two

Last photo:

thats f'in great time to buy some air horns
Old 03-29-2006, 09:41 AM

Last journal entry: Bad Rats anglia Build Journal plus bike and other photos
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

GREAT IDEA,,, my neighbor has a friggin fast yelping mut, that sounds like a fast talking car salesman,, the little **** wont bark like a normal dog,, has a real fast yelp,,, its annoying as hell,, I think this mutt just waits for someone to step into the yard so he can start yelping, and it goes on for hours,, I hate that stupid mutt,, and starting to feel the same way about its owner,,
Old 03-29-2006, 10:38 PM

Last photo:

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.