Hot Rod Forum banner

How many cylinders do you have?

3K views 47 replies 27 participants last post by  Dave57210 
#1 ·
I was just informed of another way to calculate a man's worth. Count up how many cylinders he maintains, the more he has the more he is worth.

I plan to take this a little bit further in that I should be able to equate the number of cylinders into a carbon footprint. Example: X number cylinders = Y size of carbon foot print. Of course I will have to put some variables in to the equation such as how many are diesel and how many are vintage etc. I think with enough information I could actually create a formula that not only would give the carbon footprint but also could give a dollar figure. But for right now just figure up how many cylinders that you maintain. LOL

My home and personal number is 24.

My work number is 832.

#3 · (Edited)
hundreds. literally.

about 30 cars, trucks, vans. all of them 6 or 8 cylinder except the 95 eclipse and the 97 cavalier. all gasoline engine powered.

several boats, many different mowers, several chainsaws, a logsplitter and leaf blower, several weed eaters, a couple old garden tillers, a 64 vw super beetle dune buggy, and others.
and plus about 30 engines and such in storage.

much less than back in the day about 6-8 years ago and before- when i had around a dozen daily drivers at any given moment. when fuel, vehicle title transfers, vehicle registration fees were all cheap.
and also when '60s-'80s vehicles were cheap and plentiful.

unlike today.

#5 ·
61bone said:
An you want to know the size of my carbon footprint because?

...Because he works with the IRS and is trying to set up a system of taxing away all future earnings based on a calculated ratio variable stream data log focused on cylinder count, displacement, run time, daily fuel consumption, and number of idle minutes. I'll take "Who shot J.R Ewing" for $1000, Alex......

In a while, Chet.

#11 ·
Chris Kemp said:
So 20 are singles? I gots to know, whats a man doing with so many singles? What are they?
6 garden tractors
6 lawn mowers
3 weed wackers (2 stroke)
1 chipper/shredder
1 rototiller
1 minibike (2 stroke)
1 leaf blower (2 stroke)
1 compressor.....electric powered, but it has a piston....lol

There may be a couple of others that I can't think of at the moment.

#14 ·
8 in my truck
6 in my wifes car
3 in our tractor
8 in my racecar
4 in my bike
1 in the sons bike
1 in a mini quad
2 in the lawn tractor
1 in the chainsaw
1 in the pressure washer
1 in the weed wacker
= 36

+ 42 in spare motors and project vehicles.

It's funny you should mention this because I have been thinking about it for ahwile. It's one of the reasons we bought a bigger tractor, to cut down on how many engines I had to maintain. Attachments are so much easier.

#17 · (Edited)
83SILVRADO said:
God i love free speech.

enjoy it for now cause it is going by the wayside just like being responsible has ....................... and all will say remember when ......... what happened ?

pick an answer ..

one other thought, brag about all the cylinders you have and put it on the net,

then uncle scrooge will do some data mining on the word cylinder ... and knock knock tax man ................!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.