Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How many gallons of paint needed
View Single Post
Old 02-19-2013, 03:53 PM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
I am totally with you Ray on all manufacturers being close to the same in coverage. However, the value lines like Omni over Deltron, both PPG can be miles apart in coverage where Omni could need 5 or 6 coats to Deltrons 3 to cover. That is what I was referring to.

Brian
You are so right Brian...the value lines in the long run (and in my opinion) have little value. That's why when it comes to PPG I recommended Deltron, if I would recommend Dupont I'd suggest Chroma Premiere over Nason. Your also right about coverage being 5 or 6 coats versus 3...let alone metallic control. Metallic control in the "value" brands is virtually non existent and from experience I know how hard it is to fight blotchy, stripey base coat. So Brian, we do agree...(P.S. I was writing my post while you posted so I had no idea you had even posted just before I did).

We're on the same page Brian...I don't think I would ever recommend Omni or Nason with respect to what the OP is doing.

Ray
The Following User Says Thank You to 69 widetrack For This Useful Post:
MARTINSR (02-19-2013)