How many were built??? - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-16-2008, 01:43 PM
Marcel

Last journal entry: Choo-choo town
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

How many were built???

Anybody got an idea how to find out how many cars were build by a manufacture in any certain year? Also what the valve of older (50 and later) cars might be. I know condition will enter. thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-16-2008, 04:27 PM

Last journal entry: JB's 37 Pickup
Last photo:

Old Car Price Guide will probably give you the best ball park figure for the worth of old cars. In the early pages, they give you a good description of cars rated 1 through 6 with 1 being showroom new or better and 6 being at best a parts car. Their prices are based on an average of known sales of known grade of cars. These are not street rods. I have learned that buyers tend to under-grade a car and sellers tend to over-grade so be realistic when applying the rating standards offered by OCPG.

Trees
Old 01-16-2008, 06:46 PM
Marcel

Last journal entry: Choo-choo town
Last photo:

Help?

trees I have what you're referring to, but you can't find everything you're looking for, I m looking for away I can punch it, make, model, year, and maybe condition for an average price. I have a friend who's grandfather died and there trying do do an appraisal on some cars he had. They call an appraiser, and he wants, titles, taxes paid and all sort's of information. Ga. doesn't require a title afore 85, and if someone;s transfered owner ship after 85 and didn't swap the title over, you can;t get one. I got a 3rd owner 82 jimmy with 82,000miles and can't get a title because the person before me didn't transfer it. I' trying to find the fist owner to see if I can get the org. title and get it transfered.
Old 01-18-2008, 03:46 PM

Last journal entry: Body mods
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trees
Old Car Price Guide will probably give you the best ball park figure for the worth of old cars. In the early pages, they give you a good description of cars rated 1 through 6 with 1 being showroom new or better and 6 being at best a parts car. Their prices are based on an average of known sales of known grade of cars. These are not street rods. I have learned that buyers tend to under-grade a car and sellers tend to over-grade so be realistic when applying the rating standards offered by OCPG.

Trees
LOL, that is so true, a seller's #1 car will usually be a 2 at best. kind of like the cars that are advertised as 90% restored and are usually in reality maybe 40% at best.
Old 01-18-2008, 06:16 PM
Rust Buster

Last journal entry: birthday surprise
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowbilly3
LOL, that is so true, a seller's #1 car will usually be a 2 at best. kind of like the cars that are advertised as 90% restored and are usually in reality maybe 40% at best.
The people that call for restos ALWAYS have a car in better condition than what they bring me. If the cars were as described on the phone before they bring them for an estimate, I'd be a very happy and rich person! I guess some can't see the bad, whereas that is all I see when they pull up, but I have to or I LOSE! LOL - Jerry

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.