Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How many of you built models as a kid?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 10:28 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Thanked 1,062 Times in 947 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by zbhover View Post
I'm 27 and built a few models on rainy days, but got board with them because they didn't have an engine... LOL

Then I got into making a few small battery powered model hovercrafts and such, and then I decided to build a 1/2 scale radio controlled hovercraft:

It was 6' long 3' wide and had a 5hp horizontal shaft briggs on it. I think I clocked it at about 35mph a few times with my GPS.

I got lots of use out of it and later on I'd bring it to hover-ins with our full size hovercraft and all the kids loved to buzz around the parking lots and beaches. Just this year I gave it to a father and son who were trying to get into hovercrafting to fix up and get going again.

You can see the construction pics, and some more pics and vids of me using it on my website below, just click on the hovercraft banner and then the rc hover banner:

Zach Bell’s Creations - Hovercrafts, Woodworking, V8 Beetles, and more!

Zachb-

V8 Beetle Website:
V8 VW Beetle Resource- Follow our Hot Rod Beetle Build and Plan Yours

Hovercraft Website:
Zach Bell’s Creations - Hovercrafts, Woodworking, V8 Beetles, and more!
Very cool stuff! I love this stuff, everyone has their own thing and those hovercrafts come easy to you where at to others they are only see in the movies, so damn cool.

Brian