Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How many of you built models as a kid?
View Single Post
Old 09-23-2012, 10:44 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARTINSR View Post
Yep, I have a number of boxes of them, some of them classics from the seventies that would be worth a few bucks if I hadn't partially built them. When the model came out of my truck (I would have eaten a live rat for one when I was a kid) I bought five or six of them and they are in storage.

Brian
Brian, I have a similar experience! When I got back into the hobby, I started trying to buy all of my old memories, so I bought re-releases, and swap meet kits. Now I have 100 or more... but there is a problem. I wanted to use rare parts so they would not be like everyone else's builds... or highly detailed parts... so I would pick some parts from this kit, and from that one, etc. Now I bet at least half of them are incomplete! For example, I know I robbed one block from my Mysterion kit, to build a highly detailed Ford engine. Now the next owner has a problem!

Some day I might sort through them all... see what is complete... and sell off the one's I won't build after all. {:-)