Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - How many of you built models as a kid?
View Single Post
Old 09-27-2012, 10:14 AM
More bucks, go faster!

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by painted jester View Post
I go to the stores and their nonexistent the clerks don't know what I'm talking about too young to know I guess !! if kids don't see em they cant buy em! But 5&10s used to have every model on their shelves cars boats planes rat fink a man and woman anatomical see threw!! How about where you guys are? I'd like to get my grand son the Ala Cart or the Dream Truck! We could build it together!

Jester
Just for my own curiosity I goggled AMT then Revell. Most of those kit are still avalible and lots more! Both sites I looked at let you down load the instructions and I believe that the kits actually have more parts then before. The 5 and 10's are long gone and the drug stores no longer have a hobby department but the internet has everything! If I want something I first locate it on the internet and then swipe it's nomenclature and part number. Then I plug it into amazon and find out who has the best price with shipping included and Taa Daa! Just like going to Woolworth's! You still can get those kits and enjoy them with you grand kids! Of course you have to go through a FBI background check to buy the glue but you can still have fun! BB
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	z64.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	18.2 KB
ID:	68145